My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, December 09, 2007

Inkheart: The Movie

Many of you know that I adore Andy Serkis (Gollum/ Kong etc)

And you may (or may not) know that I love the book of Inkheart, and had learned, some time ago, that Andy was going to be in the movie version of the book.

Just today, I found some positive news on the movie!


In Cinemas March 19, 2008 (I am jumping up and down!! I can't wait!!)
Andy Serkis as Capricorn (o'yeah! o'yeah!)


If you want to see a really great trailer for this move....
Visit the Official Site for Inkheart


(website review...)

Based on the book by Cornelia Funke, Inkheart is a timeless adventure tale of imagination that centers on Meggie, a young girl whose father has a secret ability to bring characters from books to life when he reads them aloud. But when a power-hungry villain from a rare children’s fable kidnaps Meggie’s father to bring others out of the boundaries of fiction, she and a disparate group of friends both real and magic embark on the kind of adventure she has only read about in books to save him and set things right. Inkheart stars Brendan Fraser (The Mummy, Crash), Paul Bettany (The Da Vinci Code), Helen Mirren, Jim Broadbent, Andy Serkis (The Lord of the Rings trilogy) and Eliza Hope Bennett (Nanny McPhee) as Meggie. It is directed by Iain Softley (The Skeleton Key) from a screenplay by David Lindsay-Abaire.

And here he is! In his entire "baldness"! .. The evil, and mean Capricorn!

(Andy, Andy, Andy.. was combing your hair really such a chore?!)

And some pictures of the rest of the great cast for Inkheart....



I got all excited seeing the trailer! I hope you went to see it!

I cannot wait for this movie, for more than one reason!

Loved, loved, loved the book, of course... and then there's Andy! He's such a great character actor! (I wish he'd come to America again !!) Anyway, this brightened my day, and I hope it brightens yours.

12 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

I'm suddenly as excited as you even though I haven't read the book! The stills of the movie look wonderful and I'm a bit of a fan of Brendan Fraser in movies like The Mummy. Would you suggest reading the book before the movie comes out?

12:31 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Hi Cath: well, that's an individual choice.. I read all the Harry Potter books before the movies and I totally enjoyed both. Some people don't like to read the books first, saying that then they are disappointed in the movie version.. but I never am. I always like both! I kinds like knowing what to expect..but that's just me.

12:34 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

It looks quite wonderful, Pat!

I love Paul Bettany...Have you watched his series at all? It's called "LIFE"...Interesting premise and HE is quite wonderful in it!

1:28 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I've never read the book but it sounds like an interesting plot and a good solid cast. That mask creeps me out a little. Just closed my eyes and imagined looking out of my kitchen window at night and seeing it looking back in at me.

2:56 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Naomi: no, I've never heard of that series.. but I'll find out about it now! lol
It's a Fantasy story of course and I loved the book soooo much, and with a cast like this, I sure can't see it being a bad movie!!

Chris: the books (Inkheart and Inkspell and soon to come Inkdeath) ar YA books. I have found Cornelia Funke, the author, to be a really fine story teller! Even at my old age I enjoyed them!

6:10 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Oh how I loved this book! I'm willing to bet this will be the movie that actually gets me to venture inside a theater for the first time in 15 years!

6:31 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Debi: I know it will get me into a theater and that's not easy for me to say. Being housebound because of my brother, even weekends when David is home and he could watch him it means 20.00 in taxi fare plus the movie ticket (9.00?) to see a movie.. needless to say it takes A LOT for me to do that since SS doesn't pay me much! Heck, I could buy the DVD when it comes out for that price! hahahaha.. but I WILL see Inkheart!

6:55 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

I tend to be like you and usually enjoy both books and movie versions. Certainly that was the case with Harry Potter and also applies to TV dramatisations of classic novels. I'm not sure if I'm easily pleased *g* or whether I separate the two in my mind. So, I'll try to read the book first but if I don't get around to it the movie will probably make me go and get it. Exciting isn't it? :-D

4:49 AM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

This is going to be so good! I can't wait to see it!!!

1:53 PM  
Blogger Carl V. said...

The trailer for this film and for the new Narnia film both look fantastic. Next year has the potential for being filled with some really great YA fantasy! I was super excited to see Andy's scenes in the trailer, he looks like he is having a ball with the roll and will be fun to see in it. The cast looks great. I love Paul Bettany and Helen Mirren. This will be one I have to see opening weekend.

3:10 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Cath: I think we know some things get excluded in movies.. Maybe we just accept it and are just glad to see our characters come to life!

ladytink: I may have to make a countdown thing for this movie LOL

Carl: I hope to plan that myself! After meeting Andy, and he was just so nice I want to watch anything he does. I do appreciate when actors really put their all into their parts, and he does. And yes the cast is super!! I hope this makes Cornelia Funke a household name!

3:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. I'm a big fan of Inkheart!! It's my favorite book (and surely movie)!!! I'm so impatiente to see it in theater!!! *-*

Hey! But... do you know WHEN it is in theater?? I searched everywhere and i found that's the january 29th.. But, I'm not sur of it...
And for "Inkdeath", is it the october 28th?
PS: I live in Montreal, Canada. Then , it's possible that the dates aren't the same...

Thanks!! :D

Julie

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home