My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, December 27, 2007

A Shout Out..

During this time of the Holidays and all sorts of good feelings.. I got to thinking.. yeah, dangerous I know! But I thought I'd like to give a shout out to Peter Jackson and send him a huge hug and a really (REALLY) big Thank you!

As you know, I am a big Fantasy reader.. and a huge Fantasy and Sci Fi movie lover, and although we've been blessed with many of these movies, never have we had so many of them!!! And I do believe it's because of Peter Jackson's great success with LOTR, and of course JK Rowling and the Harry Potter series.

Thanks to these folks we have such a great line up of movies I can hardly stand it. When you come down to it.. it's actually driving me nuts since I am so housebound and can't get to the theaters like I would love to.

What brought this all to mind is, I read that Dragonlance, a group of 6 books that I love dearly, by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman is soon to be released on dvd. Now, at first this thrilled me no end! Wow! I will get to see Tanis and Raistlen and all the characters I have grown to love!! But, alas *sigh* it's going to be an animated version. (trailer can be seen here on youtube) So I am not sure if I'm excited or not... I surely would have rather seen a version of it done as LOTR was done! But, wish as I may.. Dragonlance: Dragons of the Autumn Twilight will be released on dvd January 15th for 16.99



Anyway.. we do have some others to look forward to!

On Febuary 15th The Spiderwick Chronicles will be release in the movie theaters. And on March 19th Inkheart will see it's debut!

Meanwhile, not to be outdone... in theaters RIGHT NOW, are:

The Golden Compass, The Water Horse Legend of the Deep, Enchanted, and The Kite Runner.

Oh! and least we forget!

(yeah right sure)

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (due out May 22nd)

and the new Star Trek movie (yet unnamed) due out in December 2008.

There's not one of these movies I wouldn't want to own! But mostly I wish I could see them all on the big screen.

So, Thank you Peter Jackson.. for having such love for the movies you make and for being such a great director, that everyone is jumping on the band wagon!

12 Comments:

Blogger Nymeth said...

A big cheer for Peter Jackson indeed! That Dragonlance movie could be good even though it's animated... sort of like The Last Unicorn. And I didn't know Inkheart was coming so soon! I must read it before then!

I heard about The Water Horse Legend for the very first time yesterday, when visiting a site about tourism near Loch Ness. It's only going to be release in Europe in February, but that's exactly when I'll (hopefully) make it to Loch Ness, so...perfect timing :P It sounds like a really cool movie. I can't wait to see it! I think it's awesome how more and more fantasy movies get made these days.

10:49 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Nymeth: the "talk on other blogs" is that Dragonlance won't be so good.. but.. I will probably have to see it, if nothing else it gives me voices to the characters. I still hope one day a movie like LOTR will come out for Dragonlance and I certainly wouldn't mind if Peter Jackson did it! lol..

10:58 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

I couldn't agree more! Peter Jackson has done amazing things for the Fantasy genre. Sure, they got made here and there before LOTR, but not near like they do now and not with near the budget that they get now. And of course we didn't have near the amount of stories that we have now thanks to the success of JK Rowling like you mentioned! She certainly opened up the door for a lot of YA authors who otherwhise would've never had the chance. Those two have done so much for our little world that's getting bigger and bigger!

And all those movies! I'm with you...they all look great! I really need to read Inkheart before the movie comes out. I want to see that one on the big screen. And Indiana Jones! I had forgotten about that one to be honest :/ I can't wait!!!

12:28 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Chris: oh yeah a decent budget helps! Most won't put out the bucks like Jackson got for LOTR, so the likes of things "that good" will be few and far between, but still.. I do like the trend that we are in right now for books to movies that everyone can enjoy!

btw: I'd never let you miss Indy! lol lol. that's one of mama's favorite actors! no matter what age his is!

12:33 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

You have a lot of Goodies to look forward to, Pat! Did you ever see that Peter Jackson Mockumentary about the lost film? I cvannot remember yhe full title, but"Silver" is in the title...! When I first saw it, I had not even HEARD the word Mockumentary, and I bought the whole thing!
It's worth renting, if you've never seen it....!

And by the way.....I do not know Peter Jackson, nor have I ever met him....(LOL)! One of thousands I have not known or met!

1:14 PM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

I think The Hobbit will be good whenever they get around to making it!

2:20 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Hi Naomi: no I've never seen that, I'll check into it lol.. what?!! you don't know Peter Jackson?? How can that be? lol.. dang.. and I was going to ask you to get his autograph for me! (just kidding!)

Hi Lady: Well I hope the Hobbit is good..I'm uncertain at the moment. Jackson is only on as Producer (man who gets the money) but not director.. so we'll see.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

Hear, hear! And of course a lot of it is down to the sheer quality of the young adult fantasy writers that are around at the moment. It's such a vibrant and imaginative genre and there are so many good things to read that I think the film makers must literally be spoilt for choice. Personally I would love to see movies of the Black Magician series by Trudi Canavan and the Abhorsen trilogy by Garth Nix. Fingers crossed...

5:55 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Cath: I agree we have some really good authors to choose from ! The more the merrier!!! I hope they don't stop any time soon!

6:00 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Great post, Deslily. My kids have been begging to go see The Water Horse, but we'll probably wait for the DVD. Now, Inkheart, on the other hand...I think I told you before that that one is bound to be the one to break my theater-phobia.

9:55 PM  
Blogger Carl V. said...

2008 is going to be a fantastic year for films, no doubt about it! Every time I turn around I see another film that I am really looking forward to seeing in theatres.

Whether you see it in theatres or wait until its on DVD, I think you'll really enjoy Enchantment. It is a wonderful film.

11:03 AM  
Blogger Kiyotoe said...

And I thought the shout-out was going to be to me!

Happy holidays young lady ;-)

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home