My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Saturday, December 08, 2007

There's not much that you Can't find in a Catalog

I guess it's hard to NOT notice that I've been doing a lot of reading this year, by the book reviews I've been posting. But to be honest I have way fewer books than many other blogs that I read! While my count is a mere 258 books that I own, others are way more than that!

Recently some posted their to be read piles of books, and still others have photo's of their bookshelves. Many mentioned the fact that they were running out of room for more books, yet they continue to read. (I understand this more than you know!)

Then I received a catalog.. well, actually my brother did, as he's ordered from a place called Toscano. I have to admit here, this place has some neat (maybe weird) stuff, and it's fun to look through the catalogue.

Anyway... one of this things I saw made me think that this might be an answer for some of those people that just have no more room for books! Or even for someone who'd like to get back some shelf space for something else.

Here's what I saw....

Just think... these could be made FREE with the books laying around the house!

They are just a suggestion mind you.. but not a bad one. Just think, it also puts some of your books right at your finger tips! You wouldn't even have to get up from that comfortable seat to go get a book!

Besides those items, for book lovers, there are also these items (but these you probably can't make for yourself )

A nice little table for two with chairs, all made to look like they are made out of books..

Also.. this end table, that is pretty cool looking!

I have to say, I think they are all pretty ingenious, and would look really cool in a room set up as a library! However, I do realize that most of us can't afford that "extra room" for our books, or anything else for that matter!

5 Comments:

Blogger Carl V. said...

Fun stuff, although I agree that these would probably be cooler if they were made from real older books. Although I am so silly when it comes to defacing books in any way, even older ones. Its almost as if they are alive to me...very odd.

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Paul @ Elders Tribune said...

They do look great! My favourite is the glass side table. But I suspect it would only look good if you use books with those fancy hardcover. And I don't have any of those.

10:57 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Carl: oh I'd never hurt the books.. but a pile of books next to a chair with a small glass top for an endtable sounds reasonable! lol lol

Hello Paul.. me either..heh.. I think only the rich have those huge old books! I kinda like the end table that's made to "look like books" you can always open it and keep books inside!

11:05 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

I laughed so hard when I read this post, because it's so sad but true! We really could start using our books as furniture! But I don't think I could ever do that unless it was books that I didn't like and then I wouldn't want them "on display" like that anyway. Love the glass table idea though! That one could really work and it would be alot cheaper than buying it through that catalog! Now a footstool....I'd never!

1:37 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Chris: ok here's an idea.. you make a box from clear plastic, fill it with books and put a large top on it to use as a table! The books are protected and you can lift the top to reach for a book! taadaaa!

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home