My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, January 04, 2008

And the Answer is....

While reading my daily dose of blogs yesterday I came across a little thing called "Booking Through Thursday" over at Ladytink's. I don't normally do many of these weekly things, and if I do they are sporadic at best, but the questions for this one made me stop and think a bit, so I thought I'd go ahead and do them.

What new books are you looking forward to most in 2008? Something new being published this year? Something you got as a gift for the holidays? Anything in particular that you’re planning to read in 2008 that you’re looking forward to? A classic, or maybe a best-seller from 2007 that you’re waiting to appear in paperback?

Books not yet released that I am looking forward to:

Septimus Heap, Book Four: Queste

Fablehaven Grip of the Shadow Plague

Inheritance (no title yet)

INKDEATH!!! INKDEATH!!! INKDEATH!! INKDEATH!!



As for new books from xmas and the TBR pile here's more of what I'm looking forward to: (I could make this easy and say ALL of them!..but noooooo I can't do that!)

In Search of the Red Dragon (James A Owen)

The Bartimateus Trilogy (Stroud)

Rebecca (Daphne Du Maurier)

Dragonhaven (Robin McKinley)

Peter Jackson (Ian Pryor)

Rocketman (Nancy Conrad/ Howard Klausner)

THe Historian (Elizabeth Kostova)

The Complete Sherlock Holmes (Arthur Conan Doyle)

There's more, but that's enough! sheesh...


I am also looking forward to some re-reads..

Reading the Pern series as I write this..(6 books: Dragonflight, Dragonquest, The White Dragon, Dragonsong, Dragonsinger, and Dragondrums)

Dragonlance (6 books: Dragons Spring Dawning, Dragons Autumn Twilight, War of the Twins, Time of the Twins, and Test of the Twins)

The Belgaraid (5 books: Pawn of Prophecy, Queen of Sorcery, Magicians Gambit, Castle of Wizardry, and Enchanters End Game)

Sword of Shanarra Trilogy (3 books: Sword of Shanarra, Elfstones of Shanarra, and Wishstones of Shanarra)

also to re-read Inkheart and Inkspell just before the last book (Inkdeath) is released. (did I mention Inkdeath before? oh! right! heh.)

Oh! and also to get and read at least one more Laurie R King, Mary Russell book. (probably more than one, but..ya know.. being conservative)

Below is a newer version of my TBR books.. it grew at Christmas time and it gives you the idea of lists of what I am looking forward to. Of course, what you don't see are the books I will be re-reading! And I am already over 100 pages into Anne McCaffrey's Dragonflight, and loving every moment of being back in the Weyr with F'lar and F'nor and Lessa!



I wish I could say I was looking forward to some books coming out in paperback, but unless they are trade paperbacks, I'm stuck with hardbacks, since my one eye has these blurry "floaters" going on.

Besides books (is there something besides books? ?) I am looking forward to many movies coming out on dvd and on the movie stations that I had to miss, but would love to see!


(artwork by Gary Lippincott)

12 Comments:

Blogger Carl V. said...

Great list of books you have lined up to read. I'm excited for you to be re-reading some of your old favorites as well. Re-reading is a pleasure that not everyone understands, but it is one that I love!

1:39 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Carl: I will never understand people who love a book or love a movie and don't "want" to read it or see it many times! That fact drives me insane! If you truly enjoy something like a book or movie... why wouldn't you want to read it or see it again?? duh!

1:42 PM  
Anonymous vicki said...

I'll be interested to hear how you like the new Robin McKinley--she's one of my favorite authors (and she has an excellent new blog, btw). I've been meaning to get Dragonhaven from the library--must do that pronto.

Also, if you haven't read any Garth Nix, do yourself a favor get a copy of Sabriel. It's the first of the Abhorsen trilogy, which absolutely rocks the Casbah. :)

If you get current with the Mary Russells by spring of next year, you'll be ready for the release of the ninth installment--working title: The Language of Bees. Wheeee!

4:48 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Hiyas Vicki! Good to see you here again!!! Oh lord.. do I need more on my wish list?? *groaning* lol I'll look into Sabriel.

I fully intend on getting the other Mary Russell books! I have found them already.. they will be used books but that's ok. So far at least all I have purchased "used" are in the condition they say they are.. so far! lol Just short on money at the moment but I know I won't be able to hold out toooo long lol.

4:55 PM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

I'm glad you like BBT! You've got some good stuff there! Jonathan Strange was a great book even if it was a little long.

5:47 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

ladytink: A LITTLE big???!!! lol

8:20 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Well damn Pat! I'd say you have enough reading to take care of at least half of next year ;) Like I have room to talk! And I DEFINITELY agree with Vicki. The Abhorsen trilogy is amazing...Pick up Sabriel when you get a chance, you'll love it. I love that series...just 3 books and he's not doing any more ;) Or so he says...

2:13 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Chris: there's probably enough for all year long when you look closer and see that 6 of those books are HUGE! The John Ford book is over 1,000 pages alone! Of course, it may well be sitting there next year too lol..who knows?! So far with Sabriel I can only find paperback editions, which is not good for me to try to read, but I'll look more.

8:04 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

Oh, but that looks like one fine pile of reading ahead! I didn't realize the new Inheritance book was due out this year...Annie will be soooo excited to hear that! I haven't read Eragon and Eldest myself yet. Someday...

8:44 AM  
Blogger Nicole B. said...

Nice list! I've read some of those... Anne McCaffrey's always worth reading!

10:04 AM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

I cannot get over the number of books you read, Pat....And so very many, waitibg to be read! FANTASTIC!

11:00 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

I third the Garth Nix trilogy - wonderful. My favourite is the second one, Lirael, but they're all excellent.

Some good books planned there, I'm especially interested in Rebecca as I've never read it and am wondering what you will think of that.

I was wondering what the third 'Ink' book would be called and you've just amswered my question... Inkdeath. Well, well. About 100 pages to go with Inkheart, been busy so not had the time I would have liked to read it more quickly.

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home