My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Back of the Book

These ads were at the back of my original Harper Hall Trilogy.. I thought they were worth a grin! Check out those prices!!!



I circled expiring dates.. must be close to when I first read these books... 1980



(would you say the books are turning tan??! heh.)


8 Comments:

Blogger Carl V. said...

Those are great! I love seeing these in old paperback and remember when they were always in paperbacks that I bought. Would that the prices were still that good!!!

9:06 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Carl: yeah no kidding on the prices!! I recognized a few book titles but not all of them.

9:12 AM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

I've found some old books like that. I always flip to the back and look. Such interesting titles, not to mention prices!

12:54 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I love finding these in the back of books! I do the same with my old comic books :) I get all excited when I find old adds from my comics when I was 8 or 9...something about nostalgic ads, huh? And the prices!

1:28 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Come on, you think Bradbury takes expiration dates seriously? Just send him $2.25 and tell him you are sending him the order from the future :)

5:54 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

ladytink: It never ceases to amaze me how things keep going up and up.. it won't be long when no one will be able to use "cash" because everything will cost so much you'd have to have a wheelbarrow of money to pay cash for it. I may not see that, but I'll bet my kids do (and they ain't young!)

Chris: hey I remember 35 cents for a pack of cigs! 25 cents a gallon for gasoline! .. I could go on.. but it's freeking depressing!

Chris: LOL yeah right sure! hahaha

5:59 PM  
Blogger Nymeth said...

I wish I could buy those books for those prices!

2:00 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

allow six weeks for delivery.
They would go out of business in no time, now!!

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home