My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, February 25, 2008

An Easy Read.. & Harrison Ford

I took the day off from reading... sorta... kinda... and read Dinotopia , written and illustrated by James Gurney!

ISBN-10: 0060530642
Pages: 159
Dimensions: 9.67" l x 10.41" w x 0.54" h

In 1862, after being shipwrecked in uncharted seas, Professor Arthur Denison and his twelve-year-old son Will find themselves washed up on a strange island where people and dinosaurs live together peacefully.

... as you can see there's not a lot of reading!.. but enough to keep you turning the pages!

...could you even imagine living with dinosaurs?

let alone... talking to them!

this was a very enjoyable book. A journal of Arthur Denison. A man and his son who were shipwrecked and would have died if not for the dolphins who brought them safely to a very strange island.... the Island of Dinotopia.

If you haven't read the book.... maybe you watched the movie on television??? Both are very enjoyable.

And when all that was done,..... I watched (the extre-e-e-emly lucky) Barbara Walters and her interview with Harrison Ford. Sixty-five years old and he's still got "it"!! (woof!) And more clips from his new Indiana Jones movie! Gads I can't wait for that movie to be released!! (and who can hear John Williams play the Indy theme and not find yourself smiling?!)

( I have to say: Karen Allen looks fantastic!)

(my ONLY disappointment is that John Rhys Davies didn't at least have a small part in this movie)

...And as if that's not enough?.............. Once again Drew Struzan is the artist for the best Indiana Jones Poster. (Although I had to sell off much of my collections years ago, I still have a few Drew Struzan posters!!)

(May can not come fast enough!!!)

Oh yeah... and after that Harrison Ford interview I watched the Oscars!

8 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

I can't believe he's 65! Why can't I age that well? Of course, I guess it helps when you start out looking as good as he does, huh?

10:29 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

I can't wait for the Indy movie either!!! It looks incredible. Harry's interview was great. Such a class act. The Oscars were ok, but a bit of a let down. I just wasn't really into anything this year except for Juno and that didn't do much of anything except for best screenplay which I was happy about!

Dinotopia sounds really cool! I love dinosaurs. I always have. I had so many dinosaur books when I was a little kid! I guess that explains me growing up to like fantasy books to an extent with the dragons and all...I missed Dinotopia on TV and was so mad about missing it! I'll get it on Netflix though...

12:54 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Debi: yeah sometimes it's hard not to see Hans Solo or Indy when you look at Harrison LOL...

Chris: "Harry's interview?".. "Harry??!!" Are we on a first name basis???? LOL LOL.. Yep, he's surely a class act! The last of his kind.. or nearly. And what I mean by that is that he's so much like the old time actors, doing a wide variety of characters over his many years in the business. Connery his retired,... that pretty much leaves Harrison.

As for the Dinotopia tv movie.. it shows every now and again. I found it not "overwhelmingly great" but I did enjoy it... enough to watch it more than once lol.
Oh, and btw: as a kid I was NOT very interested in dinosaurs so I have no idea where my love of dragons came from!!!

3:21 PM  
Blogger Carl V. said...

James Gurney's art is so wonderful. I consider that to be 'reading' even if it is more pictures and fewer words.

I'm really excited about the new Indy movie and you're right, Karen Allen does look great. I am so glad they brought her back. The one thing that annoyed me about the Indy sequels is that she wasn't in them.

4:13 PM  
Blogger Nymeth said...

That sounds like such a fun book! And the cover and the illustration are so cool!

I am also ridiculously excited about the new Indy. And you're definitely right that Harrison Ford still looks great!

5:24 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

Such gorgeous illustrations in Dinotopia. I ought to get a copy. I remember the film but thought it was a TV series for some reason...

Oh heck yes, just look at Harrison Ford at 65. It's not fair! And there's Ray Winstone too. Looking forward to seeing them both in the movie. Roll on May!

7:00 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

Well, out here, Barbara WAlters was on AFTER The Oscars, being that everything was in "real" time....
I wish she had spent the whole time with Harrison Ford! He is worth the entire 40 minutes that actually is given 'the show'.
Also...don't you wish that Sean Connery could be in this "Indy" too? Even if he had to be an apparition...? (lol)

8:03 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Carl: well, one day I hope to find the other dinotopia books cheap enough to add to this one! have you gone to the "indiana jones web site?" ( http://www.indianajones.com/site/index.html) ..after everything loads up I sit there and listen to the whole theme music at least twice before leaving lol.

Nymeth: ME TOO! lol I am sitting here listening to the theme song as I write this! lol..

Cath: out here Dinotopia was a mini series which still airs every so often.

Ya know.. Harrison has a crooked nose and a crooked smile.. he's not really "handsome" in ordinary terms..but there is something about him that still makes me say he's very handsome! I'll take him! lol

6:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home