My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Is it Possible to have Too Much Indiana Jones?

Probably not!... so here's a little more INDIANA JONES............

For your Indiana Jones Wish List:

The Complete Making of Indiana Jones: The Definitive Story Behind All Four Films (Paperback)
by J.W. Rinzler (Author), Laurent Bouzereau (Author)

Paperback: 300 pages
Publisher: Del Rey (May 20, 2008)
ISBN-10: 0345501292




...and a little more for your Wish List??...

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (Hardcover)
by James Rollins (Author)

Hardcover: 352 pages
Publisher: Del Rey (May 20, 2008)
ISBN-10: 0345501284



Ok.. here's one you don't have to wait to get!..

Paperback: 608 pages
Publisher: Del Rey (February 26, 2008)
ISBN-10: 0345501276
Indy Trilogy Back in Print and on Shelves - NOW!









If you are looking for away to pass the time waiting for The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull premiere, go to your local books store and check out the new all-in-one collection of The Adventures of Indiana Jones. The paperback featuring the Drew Struzan Last Crusade teaser poster art contains the adaptations of Raiders of the Lost Ark by Campbell Black, Temple of Doom by Dr. James Kahn and Last Crusade by Rob MacGregor.

If you haven't read them before this a great chance to reacquaint yourself to literary Indy and read about some characters and back-story that were left out of the films. Read about Indy's trip to Nepal, Willie's encounter with the evil Chattar Lal after Indy and Shorty are captured by the Thuggee's, and details on the quest for the Grail are just some of the lost scenes that came from the respective author's imaginations.

The 608 page book from Del-Rey retails for $18.00 and is due for release on 2/26,



And if you are like me you probably need to "update" the old vhs tapes to dvds..*sigh*

It sure looks like the blitz concerning "Indiana Jones" is well on it's way..

Be it Action Figures, Posters, Movies, Books, Trading Cards... you name it, this is the year of Indy (once again!) . I hope if you are an Indy Junkie that you find at least one thing to satisfy your craving!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Nymeth said...

Nope, you can definitely never have too much Indy!

I didn't know there were novel adaptations! How cool! I'd love to read some back stories that were left out of the movies. And the DVD boxset is just so cool. My brother has it and I keep borrowing it from him. I need to get my own copy!

2:06 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

Great Pictures and Some Fabulous Books! The "blitz" of merchandise is incredible...! One wonders just how much money is made on all of these things....I'm sure it is amazingly significewnt, to say the least! LOL! I hope Harrison Ford gets his share!

5:17 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Nymeth: even if the movie has a bad script (doubtful) I'd still enjoy it... it's the old type excapeism kids got when they went to see exciting westerns !!

Naomi: oh yeah merchandising is as big as the movie itself! And Harrison is one of those who's salary begins at 20 million.. I doubt he has anything to worry about! lol..

5:22 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Hmmm...every day I get reminded of just how much I don't know...I had no idea there were books!

10:24 AM  
Blogger Kim L said...

Yum... Harrison Ford's still got it. :-)

My dad got the collector's edition DVDs for Christmas one year. Oh what fun to relive them (except #2-do you like that one? I've only seen it once, didn't like it much).

9:47 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Debi: don't feel bad.. neither did I lol.

Kim: the second movie was my least favorite, but there just something about his character that makes it worth watching anyway. That Kate Capshaw (MRS Spielberg) and Jonathan Ke Quan :o)

6:54 AM  
Blogger Charles said...

Its one of the films i'm looking forward too. I didn't realize there was back story to the Indiana Jones films. Thats kind of cool.

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home