My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, March 03, 2008

Finding Some Old Treasures

I happened to come across some "mailing tubes" that I had old posters in and thought I'd like to see them ( they haven't been out of the tubes in 8 years since I moved here).. I had a discovery I wasn't thrilled about.. I seem to be missing many of my posters. I sold some off when I moved but I KNOW I had more Indiana Jones/ Drew Struzan posters and that upsets me.. anyway.. here's a few of what I RE-discovered.....

This first one I'm sure no one recognizes lol... but I had to have it because Turhan Bey was starring in this movie with Merle Oberon. Ok.. so that's two names that don't just roll off your tongue .. heh.. there's more, and some I'm sure you will know..


Here's a poster from First Knight... if you are a Connery fan like I am, feel free to drool along with me..


Ohhhh here's one... my last post was about favorite books.. this is one of my all time favorite movies.. I've actually used up two vhs tapes watching this movie!..


Staying with Connery one more time.. this is for all the book people who's blogs I read.. I had forgotten I had this poster.......... (yep.. that would make me read!! heh)


Here's some old Indy posters...

oh.. as for this next one... don't even ask if it's for sale!... this one comes with me when I die!.... it will line the top of my coffin so I can smile ..smile.. smile ! lol

Then, of course there's the best Indy poster ever painted, by Drew Struzan..

Then I have a poster of Harrison from the movie Mosquito Coast... this one comes with me too! heh.. damn he's gorgeous! lol

Then I have the poster that became the cover of the book George Lucas The Creative Impulse (and yes I have the book) (and yes I need the drool bucket again!)(and yes, this also is by Drew Struzan)

Then I found another surprise.. I have a number of photo's autographed by Kevin Sorbo but I had totally forgotten he signed a poster long ago when I lived in CA..

Once again i had forgotten I had a 25th Anniversary poster of Star Trek..

The last of the posters I found was one by Drew Struzan.. a painting of Dr. McCoy which De had signed.. (Struzan did one painting each of Kirk, Spock and McCoy)

I don't have a great digital camera.. I tried getting closer to show the signature..

I also found two large (very large) photo's of De rolled in with the posters.. this first one was a photo that I had the original 8x10 of De and Audie Murphy riding horses.. in Gunfight at Comanche Creek... I had zoomed in and cut out Audie Murphy and gave the photo to De who loved it and he then asked for my negative and had them made up for fans that wanted a photo of him as a cowboy..

and the last one of De will just show you what a "pretty guy" he was when he first started in movies!..

This one he jokingly signed "This was taken when I was much older!".. yeah, right De.

Well... those are what I found in the mailing tubes. Some surprises but many more disappointments since I know I had a bunch more Drew Struzan posters!

7 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

Gawd, Pat, what are you trying to *do* to me??? Not only more fabulous Mr. Ford posters but two from my very favourite Sean Connery movies. I adore Medicine Man... have watched it over and over and over but don't have it on dvd so I must remedy that. And First Knight. *sigh* He was so wonderful in that. Thank you for sharing these with us.

11:19 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Hi Cath!.. well.. it seems we have similiar taste in handsome, talented men! lol... ahhh, we all need to drool now and then! lol

11:27 AM  
Blogger cj said...

Oh my! What a fabulous collection. I, btw, love Merle Oberon and First Knight is one of my favorite movies!

Thanks for sharing and I don't blame you for wanting to take Harrison with you...

cjh

12:13 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

hi CJ.. wow, there aren't many of us around that know who Merly Oberon is lol.. but it's the "younguns loss" at not watching old movies..which would really be "new movies" since they never saw them before.

12:45 PM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

Nice posters! I was a big Hercules and Xena fan when I was a kid.

3:14 PM  
Blogger Kim L said...

So are you selling the shirtless one of Harrison?? :P

Sounds like you really dug up some nice treasures! I do love Sean Connery, I thought he was just perfect in The Last Crusade. He's of course been wonderful in plenty of other movies as well. But if you ask me, that's my favorite.

11:20 PM  
Blogger Carl V. said...

Wow, what exciting re-discoveries. I am so sad for you that you've lost some of the stuff you thought you had. That has to be disappointing. These are great, however. I really like the drawings of the girls in the first poster.

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home