My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Near Future..

It's funny how I can post something everyday.. everyday... everyday, and then suddenly not.

I think sometimes something inside just shuts down ya know?

In this case I seem to always shut down after I get away from my everyday life and do something, be it just for the day or in this case the convention was a whole weekend. At least the slump doesn't hit until AFTER I post about what it's like to feel that my own decisions and choices are once again mine, no matter how short a time.

So now I will try to pull myself out of this everyday feeling (though how one does that when the everyday feeling is the same as the everyday life) and look forward to what's next.

Generally what's next is 6 months away.. this time, because of Star Trek (which I generally do not go to strictly because I really can't afford to ) my next "adventure" is to the Chiller show. Usually, that's twice a year : June and October.. but they changed the June show to May.

My biggest reason for going this time (other than to hang out with two of my favorite artists Roger Kastel and Ken Kelly) is to get the autograph of Ernest Borgnine. I have to admit, I never expected anyone like Mr Borgnine to attend one of these signings!

This January he turned 90!

..and no one will ever forget his years in McHale's Navy!..

He had another series for some time: Airwolf, that ran from 1984-1986. And I will never forget many of his movies, mostly I remember Marty (1955)

Also there will be Armin Shimmerman, who I just saw at the Trek Convention, but at these shows you can talk to them a bit more, which is always a plus.

Two ladies that I've never seen at a show will be attending...

One is Catherine Hicks..

who, of course did many years on 7th Heaven (1996-2007)

..... and did an excellent comedic part in Star Trek: The Voyage Home, trying to save the whales as Dr Gillian Taylor


The other actress there I would like to see is Katey Sagal.

Who will forever be identified as Peg Bundy in Married with Children that ran from 1987-1997.

Of course before all of this happens Carl will be hosting another Fantasy Book Challenge!! (I believe it begins March 21st) I am always up for those! I have to admit that the older I get (groan) the easier I like things to be, and to read Fantasy books for a challenge is a no-brainer for me! (thank you Carl!!! It's so nice when the younger generation actually makes something easy for the older generation!!)

Most of all though I enjoy reading all the reviews from other people!.. though I dread it at the same time because I know how fast my wish list on Amazon will grow! Plus the more than usual purchases for some I think I can't wait for! (like 30 books in the TBR pile isn't enough!)

7 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

30 books on the TBR pile? Psht! Don't I wish...try like 200! And that doesn't include books on the wishlist...that's just what I own :p

I know exactly what you mean about getting out of the flow of blogging. The same thing happens to me. I go somewhere and don't blog for a couple of days and then I get out of the swing of it and I'll go 2 or even 3 days without blogging sometimes! It's not that I don't want to, I just can't think of things to say sometimes :o

Your new convention sounds like fun :) I wish we had more conventions around me. Let me rephrase...I wish we had A convention around me. We have none. I can't wait for the fantasy challenge either. I'm getting impatient!!!

1:35 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Chris: Good news... when you move to Austin I do believe there is a convention or two around there..plus in Dallas.. but pretty sure my friend Annie mentioned a time or two that Austin had a convention.

2:41 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

Two of my buddies were at a convention this past week....Lee M and Jacquie Scott....It was in Maryland or Virginia??? I am sorry I cannot remember....! I haven't spoken to them yet so I don't know how it went, but I hope it was fun for them.
I know you look forward to these conventions Pat, and I can understand that! Glad you had such a great time at this last one.
How are your pillows? (lol)

1:26 PM  
Blogger Kiyotoe said...

Keep doing your thing. I told you a long time ago, I live vicariously through your exciting trips and conventions..... ;-)

4:09 PM  
Blogger Carl V. said...

"I think sometimes something inside just shuts down ya know?"

I know exactly what you mean. That seems to be a pretty normal cycle with alot of things but it is more apparent with blogging just because it is so obvious when you feel you don't have anything particular to blog about on a certain day.

I know for me I always have a bit of post convention let down. Cons, with their abundance of the things we all geek out about and the presence of celebs of one level or another carry with them a certain sort of energy that for me always makes me feel a bit worn out when all the fun is over.

4:54 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Naomi: I hope Lee and Jacquie did well wherever their show was!

hey Kiyotoe! Good to see you around! You have one of the best cons around down by you with all the authors once a year~! I'd love to be able to go to that one! (Dragoncon)

Carl: that "was" me..run on hyper energy at a con then crash out lol.. now it's more being away from my everyday life and having to return to it. That, plus I'm old and tired. heh.. looking forward to your "spring challenge" *grin*

5:04 PM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

I understand completely about the "everday" feeling. If I try to do that though I start feeling like it's a job and a hassle :( I loved Peg... oops Katey Sagal in Married with Children!

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home