My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Another Movie I am Waiting For!

Release date July 11

Hellboy II...

yet another movie I am looking forward to...
You can see the newest trailer "here".

The mythical world starts a rebellion against humanity in order to rule the Earth, so as Hellboy and his team returns they must save the world from the rebellious creatures. Now, as the creatures who inhabit the spiritual realm gear-up for an all out attack on the human plane, the only one capable of saving the Earth is a tough-talking hellspawn rejected by both worlds. Written by Anthony Pereyra

Ron Perlman ... Hellboy (what can I say? I've admired and enjoyed Ron Perlman since "the old days" of Beauty and the Beast!)


Selma Blair ... Liz Sherman

Doug Jones ... Abe Sapien / The Chamberlain / The Angel of Death

James Dodd ... Johann Krauss

John Alexander ... Johann Kraus / Goblin

Luke Goss ... Prince Nuada

Seth MacFarlane ... Johann Kraus (voice)

John Hurt ... Trevor 'Broom' Bruttenholm

Jeffrey Tambor ... Tom Manning

Anna Walton ... Princess Nuala

Brian Steele ... Troll / Mr. Wink / Map Shop Owner / Fragglewump

Roy Dotrice ... King Balor

(yes! Roy co-starred with Ron Perlman in Beauty and the Beast!!)


Jamie Wilson ... Cat Vendor

Ferenc Elek ... Angry Neighbour

Oliver Simor ... Agent Gold / Manning Agent

Brian Herring ... Silkard-Fish Vendor

Below is Ron "as he is"... and I have to tell you about the one time I saw him at a convention.. it was in NY and I was there to see DeForest. This was a big convention of Sci-Fi/ Fantasy and so it had many guests. One was Ron Perlman. Ron was to do what all the guests do, which is to be on stage for about an hour. Give a little talk and then open the floor to questions and answers. Well........ Ron did this. He also stayed on stage for not one hour but TWO hours until he answered every possible question anyone could ask!! He was a really nice person and went overboard for the fans. I wouldn't mind seeing him again at a convention, but I doubt that he does them anymore. The old convention that I saw him at, he was still doing them for his role as Vincent in Beauty and the Beast.. it had gotten (and still has) a large fan base.

I'm glad that he is now making many new fans for his part as Hellboy. He's worked hard and deserves all the accolades he can get.

4 Comments:

Blogger animewookie said...

I was so hooked on B&B. The first Hellboy was great, I evan watched the cartoons. I can't wait to see the sequel.

7:31 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

I can't tell you how excited I am about Hellboy II! I'm a huge fan of Guillermo Del Toro (director) and Mike Mignola who writes the comic. and you're right...Ron Perlman does a great job with Hellboy. I used to love him in Beauty and the Beast too, but didn't know that was him until I was much older. When I was a kid I used to watch that show with my mom all the time and I loved it!

12:19 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

I am not familiar with Hellboy, but I like Ron Pearlman A Lot!!!!

1:59 PM  
Blogger Carl V. said...

Hellboy is such a wonderful comic book series and I am so pleased at the way del Toro is adapting it for the screen. Perlman is the perfect choice. I cannot wait for Hellboy II.

Speaking of Perlman, he is fantastic in the bizarre, but wonderful, French film City of Lost Children. It is by one of my favorite directors, Jean-Pierre Jeunet. If you can do subtitles I highly recommend checking it out.

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home