My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, April 25, 2008

An Award... A Meme... and Politics

Wow, like.. when did I finally do something right that I am getting awards???? :o)

Karen over at Outpost Mâvarin has give me an "E for Excellent" award!

I doubt highly that I have anything near an "excellent blog" but it is nice to know some people like it! I have been reading Karen's blog from the beginning when I discovered AOL had journals.. that was before I moved my blog to Blogspot ! (long time ago) They are duplicate journals.. better known as "having a back up just in case". :o) Karen has the honor of being known as collecting weird things... he home being a "museum of the weird"... I think she also collects "old bloggers".. heck why not?! hehehe.

Thank you so much Karen!! I know I am supposed to pass this on .. just not sure how to do it, because every blog on my lists I feel this way about, or they wouldn't be on my list of blogs!

**********************************************************

***************************************************************

Oh.. and just a note on something else not related...

I never really talk politics, and this is not saying anything good or bad about anyone, but this popped up on my aol "news" as I logged on and I nearly spit laughing...

did anyone notice in the written news that Obama's preacher is now listed as his EXpreacher? *laughing again* Gotta love politics..not!

8 Comments:

Blogger Carl V. said...

Politics are definitely an interesting thing this year, no doubt about it. Cannot wait until the election is over so that we can stop hearing about it!

It was an extra pleasure popping over to your blog today and seeing Gandalf at the top. I've been watching the extended edition of Fellowship in snippets off and on this week. It has been a great pleasure as always.

8:51 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Carl: ahh, I recently rewatched all the Lord of the Rings (extended) ..I can never get enough of Gandalf! Ian really had the right personality for playing him!!

8:59 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

Well, I happen to agree - you do have an *excellent* blog.

Good alphabet list and several authors in common with me... and others I have read or are planning to read too.

Boy I loathe politics but your Obama comment really made me laugh!

9:57 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Cath: yep, I know we share some authors lol..
It wasn't MY comment, but I found it funny how all of a sudden his preacher (after saying some not so nice things about America) is now is EX-preacher lol.. while I also agree with Obama that one does NOT have to agree with everything said by their Preacher/ Pastor / Father etc...

10:16 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

You do indeed have an excellent blog :) I'm dong this challlenge this year that's been a lot of fun called the A to Z challenge. You have to read 1 book title for ever letter of the alphabet and 1 author for ever letter of the alphabet...yeah, 52 books :/ But the good news is, we didn't have to come up with lists ahead of time, so it's been a fill in the blanks thing...it's actually been a lot of fun! I'm just worried about those X and Z authors...Well actually I have a Z author! Zelazny's Lord of Light! Yay!

12:22 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Yep, quite the excellent blog!

What a fun meme! I'm doing the A-Z Challenge, too...and I'm afraid I still have a long way to go!

12:39 PM  
Blogger StuckInABook said...

My meme is getting everywhere! So pleased so see it. Lots of authors I've not come across there - have only read the Harry Potters (and love 'em, in fact JK Rowling was on my alphabetical list)
Simon

5:36 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Chris: hey, at least you came up with a Z author lol

Debi: it helped that I wrote a list of all my books and the authors! lol.. just looked thru the list!

Stuckinabook: welcome! and yes I copied it from Cath ! lol.. it was fun!

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home