My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, April 27, 2008

May 22nd Can't Come Fast Enough !

May 22nd...

That's the date for the opening of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

I cannot wait for this movie!... the hat! the whip ! the grubby pants!.. all of it that makes Harrison Ford look so damn good!

With all the talk of Harrison's "age".. all I have to say when I look at the next poster is: "Bring it on!"

Lookin' good Indy!...

This next poster I will have to find and add to my collection, even though all my posters remain in tubes.. Just can't beat Drew Struzan when it comes to Indiana Jones! He manages to capture everything that's wonderful about Indy!

Below is the "theater ad.."

Next is a teaser poster... I would love to find this one!!

(oh woof!)

Predictably, the powers that be (Paramount and the Great Bearded Ones) have decided to release another edition of the Indiana Jones pictures on DVD in the feverish days leading up to the release of what will undoubtedly be the greatest film of 2008. This can come as no great surprise to anyone, can it?? heh.



As fantastic as all the new posters are I think my favorite of all the Indy posters will always be this one...

... Others may talk as they will, about Harrison's age concerning this movie.. but he is, one of the last "old time" actors. By that I mean NOTHING about his age! Just that he is one of the best actors around in the "old tradition" of actors. He can do anything and pull it off with style.. he's an actor's actor.

Harrison Ford will always make me want to go see his movies... no matter what they are about.. or how "old" he gets.

Thank you Harrison, for making this movie. It's not even released and I can tell you I will love this movie... there's no doubt in my mind!

11 Comments:

Blogger Stewart Sternberg said...

Thanks for this collection of posterworks. Good stuff. I am also geeked by the return of Indiana. I don't care how negative the fanboy vibe is that is coursing through the net, nor do I care that George Lucas has even begun to distance himself from the project. I don't care.

Going to an Indiana Jones movie is like going to see an old friend. It makes me wonder what would have happened if Lucas' Star Wars saga had continued where the last of the series left off, giving us more Hans Solo and Luke Skywalker instead of the nonsensical path it retreated to.

12:42 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Stewart! I'm with you! I always had hoped he'd go back to Hans and Luke even when he began the prequil.. I had hoped for the opposite, after all the originals all got 20 yrs older too! But then maybe they didn't want to sign to do that again who knows?..
Ford has aged fantastically! (and without help of surgery!) I sure can't fit in the same clothes I did 20 yrs ago!! Add to it that he's a fantastic actor ..him and Connery are the last of a dieing breed.

12:48 PM  
Blogger Nymeth said...

*hums the tune*

I can't wait!

2:14 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

nymeth: LOL.. funny you should mention the Indy theme..I have it on my computer to play every time I log on to aol :o)

2:16 PM  
Blogger Kailana said...

I can't wait to see this and the new Chronicles of Narnia film. My friend, who I informed that I am dragging to both of them, just laughs at me now when I see a poster or whatever and get excited. I am thinking I really should get the old ones on DVD. I would love to watch them before I go see the new one. But, I still haven't picked them up!

3:44 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

You know how excited I am about it. Can't *wait*. And the BBC are showing all three films starting next Sunday night. I've booked my place in my favourite armchair, just need to get some popcorn in.

5:49 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

kailana: well now you have a choice! The new version or the old version..and sorry to say I don't know what the difference is to tell you!

Cath: LOL I hope your hubby isn't the jealous type! hahaha. That sounds like a great evening to me!! I wonder if they'll do that here? hmmm.. I would love it if they would not only do Indy back to back but a whole day and evening of all Harrison Ford Movies! (oh yeah.. drool bucket time!) lol

6:19 PM  
Blogger SQT said...

I can't wait! I told my husband that this was a must see in the theatre for me. I don't care what the critics say-- it's Indy!

9:39 PM  
Blogger animewookie said...

Gonna take the kids out of school early for this one. Can't wait!

6:07 AM  
Blogger Kim L said...

Bring on the hat and leather coat and whip. I've had the theme song stuck in my head ALL DAY! I'll probably be stuck with it until May 22nd.

10:40 PM  
Blogger Carl V. said...

Great art! This movie cannot come soon enough for me!

12:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home