My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Spring has Sprung

Well, here in New Jersey we finally have a full week of spring-like temperatures! Mostly the 60's but a few days up in the 70's . (65-75 is so perfect!!) So I finally took a moment and went out in the back yard. I get outside so seldom it actually felt strange!

But I did get to see that the flowering cherry tree was indeed in full bloom and looking beautiful..

As I walked back to the house I noticed the Almond Bush was blooming and walked over to take a photo... there, in all their Royal Splendor, sat BooBoo Kitty and Peanutchew gazing out the open window. I doubt they were trying to smell the Almond bush... more likely they were keeping their eyes alert for any invasion of a stray cat into their yard. (though they never go outside) heh.

The spring yard Gods are at work for sure...


Meanwhile...

The two long haired cats in the house had a rough winter. The more static electricity, the more their hair knots up... and neither on of them will let you brush their tummy's... and so... they are at the Vets getting shaved for the summer.

They will keep their bushy tails but the rest of the body gets a "buzz haircut"! I'll take photo's when they allow it ..heh.. actually Stinkey has had this done quite often... he struts around like King of the House when he gets shaved.. he loves it!

This will be Winkey's first time shave... it will be interesting to see how she reacts to it all.

As I close this post for the day Kester and Woody are busily checking out the TBR pile for what my next read might be!


The good news is that even as we get older, guys still look at our boobs. The bad news is they have to squat down first.

12 Comments:

Blogger Carl V. said...

Wonderful pictures. I am so glad things are blooming around here as well. It has been a bit too warm here the last couple of days. I'm not ready for 70's yet, I want some mid 60's for awhile. But it is better than being cold, for now anyway.

I have to re-read Rebecca sometime. That was one book that I just really enjoyed.

2:24 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Carl: yeah me too! I like spring and fall best of all!..
I might keep Rebecca for your RIP challenge (gothic enough???) I think "Kept" and "The House at Riverton" might work also for RIP... trying to plan ahead heh..

2:28 PM  
Blogger Melli said...

Ohhhhhhh your trees are GORGEOUS!!! I love those "weeping" cherry trees! A neighbor has a couple of them and they are just so pretty! I have a little almond tree - but it's not doing so well... glad to see YOURS is! Love your yard dude too! He's not really a gargoyle... what IS he? (he's a yard dude!) My indoor kitty is enjoying open windows these days too! TIS that time of year!!!

3:19 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

hiyas Melli.. glad you like the bloomin' tree. I should have put the pear tree on too but decided to keep it all pink lol.. I have no idea what that "cement yard god" is to be honest lol.. it's in my brothers yard, that's all I know hahahaha.

3:31 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I love Cherry Blossom trees! They're so gorgeous. I wish we had one here...I should just plant one, huh? lol...I think Wooky and Kester are looking intently at The Red Dragon Codex...but I'm looking at Rebecca ;) That's the only one I've read and it's good! Glad you're finally getting some Spring up there!!

4:59 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:03 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Chris: between when you reviewed Rebecca and the fact that I "once again" saw the old black and white movie about the same time, I sent for the book (back then lol) I may keep it for the RIP challenge...??. I have 39 tbr books at the moment and 6 of them are tomes! One day soon I will actually tackle one of the "big boys" LOL.. then my reading "speed" will drop considerably lol..

5:06 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

Beautiful photos! Those cherry trees are gorgeous and so are the cats, even if I am allergic...

Even the spines of your books are beautiful, what is that 'Grimpow' one?

6:30 PM  
Blogger Kim L said...

Oh what great pictures! It has finally been warming up tentatively to nice temperatures here in MN, but we don't have anything blooming yet except at the garden stores. Cute cats! I sure wouldn't want to be the one shaving a cat:-)

10:04 PM  
Blogger Darla D said...

I love spring! Your yard is beautiful. I took my girls to the DC cherry blossom festival a few weekends ago, and it is always such a treat to see all those trees in bloom.

Your kitties are adorable! Is Winkey a Somali?

11:09 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Oh, your babies are so beautiful, every last one of them!

Spring has definitely shown up here, too. We literally don't usually have weather like we've had this past week until June. Your trees are gorgeous! I'm so happy that our daffodils are finally blooming...and I think our cherry tree may be getting close.

Enjoy your spring! And I hope Winkey and Stinkey enjoy their new 'dos!

6:58 AM  
Blogger Nymeth said...

That cherry tree is beautiful! And so are your cats. Mine never go outside either (too dangerous), but they like to sit by the window, and if they see another cat in the front yard they start howling like it's the end of the world! They are very territorial little creatures :P

7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home