My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, April 06, 2008

This is Not a Very Good Year...

I don't think this is going to be a good year for loosing our older actors and actresses..

Nothing much I can say other than, Charlton Heston sure made some memorable movies!

.. I'm thrilled to say I had a chance to meet him when I worked the autograph shows in California. My first view of him was when he was walking between buildings at the show.. I remember looking at him and thinking, "geez, he looks like he really COULD walk on water!" heh.. I can't say I'll ever forget that moment!

I can also remember when Ben Hur came out in the movies.. our class actually was taken to see this huge epic! (talk about a sore butt! heh) But it's always remained a favorite movie of mine. (of course it helped having the very gorgeous Stephen Boyd in it too!.. well, at least up until the chariot race.)

As we loose our older actors, I know we will never really see the likes of them again... and the very young will most likely never know what wonderful actors/ movies they've missed.

You are already missed Mr Heston. RIP.

12 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I saw this on Yahoo's page late last night...and it was so sad. He was such a phenomenal actor. You're right...it's not looking like a good year for all of our wonderful actors and actresses. I'll miss him too.

2:39 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Godspeed Mr. Heston. I'm glad for his family. I just read last week how he was in the full throes of the last stages of alzheimers but were refusing to put him into any facility so he could be with family. I am sure they had made their peace months or even years ago.

3:27 PM  
Blogger animewookie said...

That is so sad. I remember when I was in my very early teens my Aunt had made VHS recordings of Ben Hur for me as a birthday present. I was so excited. I can't tell you how many times I watched it. He was an phenomenal actor.

4:43 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Chris: I don't know all that pass that's for sure but this is two big names this year already.. Widmark and Heston.

Chris: (other chris)Yes, I knew he had alzheimers.. i'm glad he went before he had to leave his family.

animewookie: yes, he was one heck of an actor! He was very handsome when he was young .. not so bad when he did planet of the apes either lol

5:05 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

DesLily: I, too, greatly admired Charleton Heston - I blogged on him too today. Not much was said about Richard Widmark last week when he passed, but he was another great actor.

Alzheimers Disease robs one's family twice - once when they get the disease and again when they finally die. It is very sad.

Anne
http://disablednotdead-anne.blogspot.com

5:14 PM  
Blogger Dark Orpheus said...

I loved Ben Hur. Charlton Heston was very alpha male -- with good teeth. And those intense eyes.

R.I.P.

10:35 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

What you say is so very true. These losses are incalcuable and all of them remind that the Studio Era of Motion Pictures where ALL of these stars were groomed, has been gone for a very long time.
I Thank God for Turner Classic Movies and Robert Osborne, who keep the memory of these Great Stars and these GREAT GREAT Films, alive!

1:32 AM  
Blogger animewookie said...

I'm with you. Blue Eyes was definitely
the cream of the crop...lol

7:16 AM  
Blogger Carl V. said...

Awwww. I hadn't been online on news sites or had the telly on much this weekend and hadn't heard this. He lived a long life and certainly leaves behind quite a legacy.

8:54 AM  
Blogger SQT said...

We had a family member pass from Alzheimers and it's awful. I'm glad he didn't seem to degenerate too far into the disease before passing, that is so hard on the family.

He will be greatly missed.

12:17 PM  
Blogger Carl V. said...

I'm so sorry to hear that SQT. It is one of the most awful diseases to see someone suffer through.

1:32 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

rest in peace. A true actor - a real man - and not one whose head was turned by his success.

When I was young, I didn't understand why everyone thought he was so handsome. As I grew older, I realized how really exquisite he was.

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home