My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, May 01, 2008

The Water Horse

If you just happen to be visiting Scotland...

.. and just happen to find an egg shaped thing near the water...

..for gosh sakes keep it!

Besides reading you may know how I love movies! Well I missed a bunch of movies this past year but finally sent for The Water Horse: Legend of the Deep.

It arrived Tuesday..

I watched it Wednesday!

What a great little, feel good movie! This sort of movie is so-o-o-o needed for those of us who can't stop wishing "things were better". (not going into what things... waaay toooo many !)



You can see a trailer here on IMDb

I still need to watch the "special features", but the movie itself was really cute. A Family movie, to be sure, but also one for those of us "into fantasy" and "into wishing some of the things we read were really true" :o). (it happens more often the older you get).

Anyway.. Just wanted to give this movie a bit of a "plug" and say, if you haven't seen it.. do!

(I also just sent for The Golden Compass for my brother, but you can bet I will BORROW it as soon as I can! )

8 Comments:

Blogger Carl V. said...

I was sorry I missed this one in the theatre but will definitely be picking it up on DVD. Glad you enjoyed it.

7:43 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

I'll definitely be picking this one up on DVD, too. Glad to hear you enjoyed it!

7:44 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Carl & Debi: I'm really happy for the rush of "family" movies, thanks to Harry Potter and the many new yA books that are coming out and being gobbled up by the movie industy.

3:23 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

oh, I completely forgot about this one! I wanted to see it too. I have to go put it on Netflix. Going to do it right now...glad to hear it was good :)

6:08 PM  
Blogger animewookie said...

My children went to my mothers ant saw it The Water Horse. The twins gave it rave reviews, conosceres that they are. We watched The Golden Compass last night. I loved it! I bought the blue ray version so I have a couple of hours of special features to watch still :D

6:51 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

I'm really relieved you liked it, Pat. I get nervous when I recommend something because there's always the possibility the person won't like it as much as I did. Must think about getting the dvd when it comes out here (don't think it's out here yet).

7:02 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Chris: It's really cute! but I knew i'd like it just from previews long ago.. heh.

animewookie: ohh glad to hear you liked the Golden Compass!! (but then anything with Ian McKellan in it..even if only a voice.. can't be bad! lol

Cath: Awww, I knew I'd like it or I would have rented it and not bought it. the fantasy movies and stuff like Indiana Jones and Hellboy .. I love all of them!

7:38 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

My daughter and i saw the movie at christmas in the theatres. She loved it.....we rented it last week when it came out, and I think we will be buying it! She loves the water horse, and when we went to the beach she was looking for an egg for her own water horse!!! So I'm glad you liked it too. It is delightful fun. I like the setting, too.

12:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home