My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Another Pond Day

These last few pond posts have been stored for a week or more.. not much of anything is going on these days, not sure if its the season changing (though at 89 degrees you can't really say it's changing yet) or what but hardly any critters around for photographing..and as we all know I am not a fast reader to have more books up, although I should finish the one I am reading before the week is out.  (The Forgotten Garden) Yet another read over 500 pages. I think I did a mini chunkster challenge instead of RIP! sheesh lol ..anyway...

Sometimes I take a photo and the colors are just right!

This must be the first squirrel I've seen around. I was surprised he was back by the pond the Live Oak Trees with the acorns are in the front of the buildings.

Since these photo's I do see more squirrels around. So you might be seeing more of them if the birds don't come around.  We also seem to have some little Finches, but they have been to fast for me to get any shots so far.

 

"The Big and the Small of it All"....

 

...and by the way.. the last Moorhen baby "flew the nest" It's only Mama and Papa around the pond now.   The big Heron appears but only at dawn when it's still a tad dark and he's not that close to get pictures, and the Egret shows up each day for a while.  So other than the Ibis which we can't get rid of, we are low on birds!

5 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

The squirrel shots are great. They don't say still for more than a second at a time so how you got those heaven only knows!

6:42 AM  
OpenID josbookshelf said...

Wow, wonderful pic of of the stretched out squirrel on the tree trunk! You don't see shots like that often. :)

11:46 PM  
Blogger madcobug said...

Great shots Pat. We have oodles of squirrels here. Patches loves the watch game. She also loves the chase game. She will look up and watch them in the trees then run to a certain tree and watch them come over the other trees until they get to her tree. Sometimes she barks at them, other times just watches. Have a nice day Pat. I hope ours is, it has been rainy the last couple. Helen

8:17 AM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

They are all so BEAUTIFUL! And maybe the Squirrels are huding theior winter stash--those acorns--somewhere near the pond...!

1:03 PM  
OpenID libritouches said...

Squirrels! Every time I think we've seen all the different kinds of wildlife you have at that pond, up pops another! I can't wait to see what spring and summer'll be like with the wildlife!

Those squirrel shots are lovely, but that first one is utterly A. Ma. Zing! It's gorgeous!

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home