My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, October 12, 2009

Dinner Time...

I know I always have the same birds around here but a new small Heron came on the Pond... and he's one hellava fisherman!   That and he stayed close long enough for me to get more than one photo!

Actually the fish is too big for him.. I watched him for quite a while and he finally moved the fish and had to put it on the grass to peck at it to eat.. normally they just swallow their catch.

  "ok.. I got it.. now what the heck do I do with it?"

6 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

Wow... talk about biting off more than you can chew! But isn't he wonderful? And you got some great shots of him.

6:47 AM  
Anonymous Shanra said...

Wow! O_O You have to feel sorry for both the bird and the fish there... But those are some amazing shots.

(I have no idea what your blog has against my openID, Pat. >>)

3:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are some pictures. Pity the Heron with too big a lunch. Am heading up to the mountains on Wednesday with the gang. We are taking our laptops but don't know how often I will be getting online. So if you don't hear from me for awhile, I am not ignoring you. Just might be without a connection for a couple of weeks. I am going to try to follow people on their lj's if I can. Vala

3:58 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

My Gawd!! That fish is as big as him!! LOL..I would've loved to watch that thing eat that fish. The poor fish probably had to suffer to no end and get killed very slowly :( At least he got a good meal!

7:46 PM  
Blogger madcobug said...

Eyes bigger than mouth LOL. Helen

10:42 AM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

GREAT GREAT Pictures! It is a real "show" there every day!

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home