My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, November 20, 2009

Fall at the Pond

Well now.. I got a better photo (but not yet GOOD )  of the KingFisher that now and then comes by!  He actually stayed in the tree long enough for me to run inside to get my camera and back out again.  Unfortunately it was quite early in the morning, and it was overcast, and he was far enough away that I had to use the zoom and so the photo is poor quality.  However, I am still pleased.. they are such fast moving birds that any photo of them pleases me!

The Anhinga has been around lately.  I still think this is a younger one because it's a much smaller female then was here when I first moved in.

I found this twig with the empty acorn tops...

 

...and then a bit later the squirrel came around.  He too is fast!  But I got off two shots before he scampered away!

These shots make me laugh.. he is collecting the acorns... it's like he thinks there is actually a winter down here! (yeah right!)

As the Bald Cypress Trees loose their leaves it is the closest to "fall colors" that I will get around here..  Maybe that's why the squirrel thinks he should start collecting the acorns!

the photos below look "red" but that because the sky was pink before the sun came up.. so it looked more "fallish".. actually they just look Rust color...

So that's what "Fall" looks like around the Pond....

10 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

Oh my gosh, Pat...those shots of the squirrel with the acorns are seriously the cutest things ever! :D

8:44 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Debi: yeah I have to say I am pleased with those!

8:46 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

That kingfisher is amazing. My birdbook says it's the belted kingfisher and has a 'ragged, bushy crest' which you've photographed beautifully, Pat. I love seeing these birds that we don't have over here. And, as you know, I think that shot of the squirrel is just wonderful.

I just posted about a certain surprise package so go look... ;-)

10:04 AM  
Anonymous She said...

Ahh! What an adorable squirrel!

1:26 PM  
Blogger madcobug said...

All the pictures are great. Love the empty nut shells. It would be pretty framed. Squirrel with nuts is very good. Looks like you do have a few fall colors. Helen

5:58 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

I love the Bird pictures, but I am really in-love with that Squirrel picture where he has those little acorn twig thingy in his mouth--He Looks So Happy!!!! LOL!

9:22 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Great pictures, especially the squirrel.

10:46 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Cath: the kingfisher was still too far away and when I use the entire zoon the photo's get "grainy" I hope one day to get a clear shot of him.

thank you she!

Helen: I think you tend to like stillife photo's! but you take such great pictures of flowers yourself!!

hi Naomi: I was suprised that I managed to get two shots before he took off!!

Thank you Barbara..I don't have a lot to write about so taking photo's helps alot! lol

6:26 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

As always Pat, I am impressed with your wildlife ... because you are able to enjoy so much of it right there in your back, or maybe it's your front, yard.

10:56 AM  
Blogger Carl V. said...

Squirrels amaze the heck out of me with their Spiderman-like ability. Some of the maneuvers they pull off, especially when running away from my dog, just fascinate me. The ones that inhabit the tree in my front yard have become quite brave when the dog is securely behind closed doors. He is freaking out and they just casually sit outside taunting him. It is really funny to see.

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home