My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Bird-day!

Well here comes Thanksgiving for those of us in the U.S... Canada already had their Turkey and now it's time for ours.

I will be going down to my sons home for the day tomorrow and so today I baked a pumpkin pie and a cherry pie to take down for desert.

(Debi's pumpkin was a happy camper that he wasn't the one cooked!)

Cherry.. Cherry Pie....dum de dum.. ya have to be old to know the song lol.

cooling down on the counter...

I will still make a turkey of my own.. since I want the bones for soooooooooooooup!!! So items are sitting around waiting for Friday when I will bake my turkey.

and da boid (little NY accent there) awaits in the 'fridge..

To all those who make a feast on Thanksgiving.. don't eat toooo much leave some for sandwiches later!!  I tip my soda glass to rye bread and miracle whip turkey sandwiches!! here! here!..

Happy Bird-Day everyone.

10 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

Have wonderful Thanksgiving with your son Pat. Your pies look yummy! We are going to my mom's house for Thanksgiving but I will also cook my own turkey at home on Friday so I can have it for soup, sandwiches, etc. etc.

12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope your turkey day is full of good "stuffing". Those pies look great. Never been a huge baker, but I do cook. Sporangia's family has invited me for Thanksgiving and I am making the appetizer. A hot crab and artichoke dip. It is very good but a lot of dicing of red bell pepper, celery, green onion, fresh parsley, artichoke hearts, fresh grated parmesian cheese and numerous other ingredients. I also have to toast the bagette slices for it. Last year before my hand surgery I couldn't have done it. Now, no problem. So enjoy your day and have a safe time. Vala

4:04 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

Those pies look good enough to eat. Save some of the cherry for me!!!

Happy Thanksgiving, Pat. I hope you have a lovely day tomorrow.

6:07 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

MMMMMM...those pies look delicious!!! SO delicious! Especially the pumpkin pie. I love pumpkin pie. Do you have cool whip to go on top? And the turkey sounds delicious! I know you're looking forward to your turkey soup ;)

12:33 AM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

Have a WONDERFUL Day at your son's Pat...I hope your Thanksgiving is absolute perfection!

And I know those pies will be a BIG BIG HIT!

3:05 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

kathleen..the soup and sammies are always the best of the turkey! lol
I hope you have a great turkeyday!


I hope you have a wonderful thanksgiving Sher! (I hope Sue is not alone for it)


Cath: I like cherry pie myself Cath but find I rarely have it..actually, pie in general I don't have very often! but I'll have some today!


Chris: happy thanksgiving baby boy!.. yup.. the soup is last and best!

Happy thanksgiving Naomi.. I hope you have a great one!

5:34 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Feast we will! Have a very very blessed Thanksgiving Pat! Looks like you've got all the components for a great start! :)

10:33 AM  
Anonymous She said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Those pies look delicious.

12:28 PM  
Blogger Carl V. said...

Happy Thanksgiving Pat! I hope you enjoyed the time with your sons and I do hope that the rest of your Thanksgiving weekend is a fun, relaxing one.

1:11 AM  
Blogger Kailana said...

The pies look really good!

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home