My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Morning at the Pond

I am always delighted to see the ducks when they drop by.  Unfortunately, it isn't often enough to suit me!  But this morning four of them came by for a short visit and I managed to get a few shots of them.. 

 

 

I have to admit.. I like this last shot a lot!

I bet you were wondering if the Moorhens are still around.  The answer is yes the original pair seems to have taken up permanent residence here, while all the babies have left the pond.

The Anhinga came by for breakfast and I finally got a shot of her with her catch!

She swims out of the water and has to hit the fish on the ground a few times to get it off of her beak.. then the unpleasant part where she swallows it whole!   I sure hope the fish in this pond mate a lot because as many birds that come by here to fish it may need restocking!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lord love a duck! Nice photos. We have a lot of ducks in up here, but not some of the other birds you photo. And some nice ones again. Just saw the shot of the Kingfisher as well. Haven't seen a live one, just pictures so well done. Just finished working out and a neighbor and I are going out for her first trip to a sushi restaurant. We are celebrating her 79th birthday. Hope I do as well as she does if I reach that age. Vala

4:53 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

Wonderful Wonderful pictures, as always Pat. I Too LOVE that picture opf The Ducks...but truly, all of them are perfection...I LOVE seeing the images in the water upside down....Neautiful, Beautiful!

5:09 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Awww :) The ducks are so cute! I have so many ducks that live in the canal by my house over here!! But they're all ugly as sin :p

I never cease to be amazed by the pictures of the birds with their catches of fish!! I can't imagine catching a fish like that! Those birds have skill! LOL.

Ooooh, I finally saw Star Trek today!! Bought it on Blu-Ray! Me and my little brother watched it and it was SO GOOD!!!! I'm really really impressed! I'll be watching that one for many more times to come.

12:22 AM  
Blogger Carl V. said...

The red light on the pond in that first picture is so cool. I love that one.

Chris, so glad you enjoyed Star Trek! Such a great film. I watched it and all the extras this past weekend and loved seeing it again.

8:31 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

I agree with Carl, the colours in that first photo are amazing.

Another fan of the new Star Trek here! Well, you knew that didn't you, Pat? ;-))))

9:36 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

sher: heck I will be shocked if I make it that far no matter what condition lol

hi naomi: i do enjoy trying to catch special shots so, glad you enjoy them!

Chris: I was super glad to get that one photo of the anhingas neck and fish while still in the water!

Carl: glad you are back around.. emailed you

Cath: I would have been shocked if you didn't like the new Trek!! love "numb tongue" lol

9:42 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

You never cease to amaze me with the awesome shots you capture, Pat!

9:28 AM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

I love ducks! These are such cuties. Poor fish...

8:18 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

Waiting for pie pics now. *drums fingers on desk*

:-)

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home