My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Predator & Prey Together

My eyes being what they are (not very good) I got out my camera and zoomed over to what I thought might be 2 turtles across the pond.. instead it was this....

hard to believe they will sun next to each other now, but when the gator gets a big bigger my turtle will be on his menu!

That being said I took more photo's of the turtle closer up.. by the time I walked around to where they were the Gator had gone into the water and the turtle remained to watch, but with little interest.

(I wouldn't get too friendly if I were you!)

 

Later near evening the gator showed up in front of my apartment watching the birds.. DeadEye kept an eye on him...

so of course I took the opportunity to  take  more shots of DeadEye..

 

after a while he could care less about the alligator..as he went about cleaning his feathers...

Gads wouldn't it be wonderful to be able to scratch your own back like this? ! .....

..I guess the armpit needed airing out lol...

On Sunday the Anhinga paid us a visit.... and sunned herself right in front of my apartment!  Unfortunately it was late afternoon so the sun was facing my apartment making the Anhinga a mere shadow of her beauty...

(below) almost as good as an Eagle huh? hehehe....

7 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

I can't believe how *long* that gator is when he's stretched out in the water! How long before he'll be a danger to the turtle and birds, Pat? Do you know?

9:34 AM  
Blogger Carl V. said...

Maybe they are trying to work out an exotic relationship with one another...maybe the love will last?!?! ;)

1:51 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

cath: we emailed lol

Carl!!!!!!!! i hope all is well by you??? good to see (see?? duh) you!

1:53 PM  
Blogger Book pusher said...

With all that wonderful wildlife it seems to be a predators smorgasboard waiting to happen, (I hope not anyway).

5:39 PM  
Blogger madcobug said...

The turtle doesn't see any danger yet. I hope he sees it soon because there will no way it can outrun or outswin that gator. I wish they would collect them soon.
I pray that you will feel better soon Pat.
Thanks for coming by my blog and making a comment. Hugs, Helen

6:45 PM  
Anonymous Shanra said...

I think I can say with certainty that gators are not my favourite animals. Scary creature...

Did you get an email back or not yet?

7:49 AM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

WONDERFUL Pictures, my dear, as always....I think your eyes are FANTASSTIC!

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home