My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Star Trek Reader II

Before my little post of a book I found I have to mention Dancing With the Stars! .. How cute is it that Donny Osmond at his age got to the Finals!! lol... and Kelly Osborn made it too!!! I have adored watching these two the whole time and glad they made it to the end.. (it is highly doubtful either will win but that's ok... ! I am happy they made it to the final round next week!!).. ok.. now onto the book...

Look at what book I found for 50 cents at a thrift store!... It's the Star Trek Reader II by James Blish !

I took a few photo's of it because even though it's not in great condition it deserves some Trek (McCoy) photo's taken around it!

I believe there were 3 such books put out, but I'm not sure.. this one is a hardback, and like I said it's not in the greatest of conditions.. the book contains 19 of the original Star Trek Stories (episodes)

But if anyone out there (who knows me) has these books and would like to get rid of them.. ummm.. would you let me know please? Since I could never afford the trek episodes on dvd (nor vhs).. I'd like to have the books with all the episodes in them.

Speaking of Star Trek.. my dvd of the new Trek movie didn't show up in the mail yesterday (grrrrrrrrr *upset) Hopefully today.. Since it was preordered instead of 17.98 I wound up getting it for only 9.99 !! Now.. if it would only get here!

6 Comments:

Blogger Astaryth said...

We picked up our copy of the New Trek movie on Tuesday... and Geoff has already watched it twice, plus we already saw it in the theater when it was out. LOL! Even though the story has a couple of problems (red matter.. really?!?), the actors, action sequences and just the joy of having a revamp of the franchise far outweigh them!!

11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drat! Thought I had those Star Trek readers for you, but in one of my many moves or clean out of the house I must have given them to the Friends of the Library. I have a ton of old trek books I bought before I found fanzines and other star trek fans if you are interested in any of those.
I was in Best Buy yesterday and had forgotten the movie had just came out, so I got it at the sale price. Haven't watched it as yet (did see it three times in its theatrical release though). Did watch the gag reel from it though. Not enough Karl for me, though he is in a few scenes.
Hope you get yours soon. Enjoy it. Vala3

5:35 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

JJ: I can hardly wait for my copy.. I didn't get the one with extras but amazon had a single dvd for 9.99! So I am tapping my foot waiting for it !

Hey Sherry: Ack! I would have died if you had those books!! I totally forgot all about them until I found this one in a thrift shop! Didn't even realize they were the stories of all the series!! I wish I could have afforded the episodes on dvd. Before Annie died on me she had gotten one group of them and said De had a really nice interview on it.. *sigh* hey I found this German blog for De that has some great photo's I've never seen..
http://community.livejournal.com/dekelleyfans/20352.html

6:08 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

Yaaay! for Donny Osmond. Yeah, it's noticable on our version of it, Strictly Come Dancing, that the younger celebrities do better. One older chap, Phil Tuffnell, even had to have a knee op in the middle of the comp.

I once had some ST books by James Blish but they weren't called 'Reader'. But probably the same thing.

Sorry your dvd isn't there yet. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

6:23 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

hi Cath: I wish you could see our version of dancing w/ the stars, some of them are so darn good! I am really happy Kelly Osborn made it too.. I can honestly say I don't think anyone EVER has been so thrilled with what the show has done for her (growing up wise as well as dancing)..anyway.. Donny or her wont win and it's ok.. I am just glad they were in the top 3 I hope Trek is here tomorrow too!!

7:10 PM  
Blogger Carl V. said...

Love the cover on that book, and what a find! 50 cents?!?! That is great!

Hope your movie has arrived by now. I got a copy from my daughter for my birthday this weekend and we wasted no time in watching it and all the extras on both discs. There were some pretty nice extras there, and seeing the movie again was the best. I also got a copy of the first Star Trek Vanguard novel, Harbinger. This is a series that I have heard good things about and was on my Christmas list, so it was a thrill to get a copy from my wife for my birthday.

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home