My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, November 09, 2009

Sunday at the Pond

I looked out upon the Pond and what did I see?... Not one but the Pair of Cormorants!  (according to the bird book, they look like Double Crested Cormorants)   So I took a walk up to wee if I could get some better pictures.  (I did stay a little away so they wouldn't be frightened)

The male/female (not sure which) was sunning his wings (although the sun was behind a cloud)  The female looked uninterested.. they both even looked straight at me!

I did some zooming on the male who was showing me his beautiful feathers!........

He was quite oblivious to my camera.

I'd say he looks like a proud peacock but ya know.. no color but brown and more brown lol.

I see the female here a lot but the male doesn't always follow her here.

The the male decided to go for a swim.... not the best photo but it is a "motion" shot...

a bit later when I was back in my apartment I saw the female taking off.. she was on the far side of the pond running towards me...

3 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

More newbies!!! Aren't they great? The feathers on that male are stunning and you got the detail of them brilliantly, Pat.

6:36 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

These Birds are BEAUTIFUL! I love that beak with a little hok on the end---Good For Catching Fish, I guess....And the Feathers are really very very pretty!
Great Pictures, my dear...!

3:26 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

oh wow.. wonderful wonderful shots

1:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home