My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Woody

 Goodness!  I opened my blinds and there was Woody!  I haven't seen him in a while...

Off course there are many (MANY) Woody's around here so I'm sure it's not the same one, but still he took me by surprise being right in front of my apartment, generally I see him in the corner of the pond in search of his illusive food.

Here's a closer look at Woody's face from the picture above..

He looks like a "young Woody"...  He was a tad smaller then most and he didn't seem to have the "woodiness" thickly around his neck yet.

It was good to see him.. there seems to be slim pickin's so far around the pond as we enter "winter"..(excuse me while I choke on that word).

9 Comments:

OpenID libritouches said...

I can't help it, Pat. I think that's a fairly pretty bird. *linguistic fail* It looks cute.

12:13 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

hi Shanra: Nature sure has made some amazing creatures hasn't it?!

12:16 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

He is quite majestic, isn't he? Great close-up on that face and eye, Pat!

3:22 PM  
Blogger rusvw said...

I absolutely love your photography! Thanks for sharing! I spent most of the summer capturing the "wildlife" around my Baltimore home...

7:50 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

naomi: i'm always glad you enjoy the pictures!

rusvw:it's fun to capture wildlife especially if they cooperate lol

1:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Been a busy weekend so just now getting around to commenting. As usual great pics. I pulled a couple from some of your other posts and when things settle down a bit, I want to start doing some acrylic paintings of them Haven't used acrylics since the 70's. Usually do oils or mixed media, or graphics.
Was beautiful this weekend and enjoyed walking around the Downtown Art Festival. Didn't buy anythin for a change. Trying to get rid of 'stuff' and not acquire any more.
Hope things are going better for you.

4:20 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

a face only a birder would love ha ha ha

1:23 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Sher: sent you an email..

Pam: yeah no kidding! (I know the feeling! heh)

1:55 PM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

That bird's head does look like something carved out a tree limb.

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home