My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, December 28, 2009

7 things I love (aside from books):

Johanna over at  Josbookshelf  posted this meme and when I read "aside from books" I had to stop and think and wondered if I could come up with 7 things! duh.. how bad is that?!

I will leave out the obvious which would be my kids...

1-  I love to watch movies.  All sorts of movies! (classic black and white and new!)

2-  I love to go to autograph shows and conventions.  Being among so many people that like the same thing you do is a good feeling.

3-  I love the thought of travel.  Can't afford it but I'd go if I could! I'd love to spend time at the Grand Canyon and the Redwood Forest and just once I'd love to go to England (and maybe Ireland)

4-  I love the mountains and trees and rocks and dirt!

5-  I love my computer.. I freak out when something happens to it! It's my life line.

6-  Johanna at Josbookshelf hit upon one of my ultimate favorite things that I have such a weakness for I can't begin to tell you... it's also why I am not thin!... lol.. I love breads! Especially from the bakery.. rolls of all kinds and soft warm bread...it does nothing for me but extend my already huge hips and butt.. but.. (heh pun) I love it all the same!

7-  I love sitting next to celebrities (when I helped them) and to listen to all the stories that the people have for them when they'd come up to buy their autograph.  When it's said that everyone has a story.. it's true!

Hmmm.. I guess now I should do 7 things I DON"T love huh?..

1-  Not only don't I 'not love' but I don't even LIKE Liver!

2-  I don't like being overly warm. I like the song "Hot, Hot, Hot" but I don't like being uncomfortable.

3-  So it goes I don't like being too cold either! heh.. duh.

4-  I can't say I am thrilled about living in pain.

5-  I don't like owing anyone anything.

6-  I don't like being sick (but who does? )

7-  I don't like being afraid.

10 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

See, that's why you're my sis because we agree on so much. (I do quite like liver though). I'll go and do this too, in a mo, but it will be hard not repeating a lot of yours!

5:38 AM  
OpenID josbookshelf said...

Hi, Pat! If i could list more than 7 things I love, I certainly would have written: travel, movies, and my little netbook also. Can't live without the internet either!

As for some things I don't love, that would also be : fear, owing anyone anything, and being sick.

But can't agree with you on the liver. Grilled chicken liver is great and in Filipino pork and chicken adobo, yummy! :)

9:59 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

You have enough friends around the country you should be able to travel and stay with all of us while you see the sites. That would be half the expense!

11:28 AM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

Great Lists, Pat....I'm with you on the 'don't like liver or pain'...!
And I too, love to watch movies---all types--New & Old....! And the computer, too....
I'll have to think about doing this one.....!

11:48 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

cath: i know many who like liver but no one in my family liked it so I'm not alone lol

Pam: lol thanks I'll remember that! hahaha.. nah I know me and I'd have to "pay my way" no matter what, I would never take advantage of real friends, probably because I have nothing I can do for them in return!..heck, i even paid my inlaws when we visited them for our food and such! No one could afford friends if they didn't! (at least not nowaday.)

Hi Naomi! so glad you had a good holiday!!! and I am so glad Betty got to be home for Christmas!!! New Year hug for you!!

12:28 PM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

Oh now you have me craving bread... Great list!

2:30 PM  
Blogger Carl V. said...

Lots of loves in common there. We just watched one of our black and white favorites the other day, Miracle at Morgan's Creek. Love that movie.

I love the thought of travel as well and, like you, cannot really afford it now. I compensate by watching films from places I love and dreaming, and trying to find local spots to explore when the weather is good.

Can't say I've spent much time sitting next to celebs, but I'm always excited by your stories and I wouldn't mind sitting by them if given the opportunity.

As for your don't loves, I have to admit that fried chicken livers are the bomb! And I do like cold weather, in its season. I love having excuses to wear warm clothes, uses blankets, snuggle in bed (tmi?)...and cold weather always ignites my sci fi shows!

4:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OKay, we share a lot of the same loves and unloves. Ah fresh baked bread hot from the oven with butter slowly melting on it, buttery croissants, crusty scones with clotted cream, cinnomen rolls with drizzles of icing...okay stopping now...drool alert. Love to travel as well, but haven't been very far since retirement. And have to have my books and fan fiction. Love the blue blue sky on a fresh fall or spring day with its bright fresh green or spatterings of golds and reds. Not going to try for that list because I think I have too many things I love and try to avoid things I don't.

6:49 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Pat, I hate liver totally, completely. Yecch! I'm going to nab this meme (sometime this week I'll do it, we have company all week long) and do it, if you don't mind! I enjoy seeing what we all love - other than books! and hate. I don't like the cold at all (Carl's excuse that it means blankets is a terrible one! the cold is awful!) lol and the living in pain is so true.

I love mountains too, and rocks.......and i have to admit a growing attachment to our computers! so great list especially because we agree on so much!!!

I hope you're enjoying the holiday, Happy New Year, Pat!

11:43 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Tink: me too! lol now I want to go to a bakery and get some warm bread!

carl: while it's exciting to sit next to a celeb and get to know them a little..the interesting stuff is hearing all the stories everyone has as to why they want that persons autograph. how they admire them or a character they played changed their life etc.. If I had half a brain I would have "recorded" all the stories and made a book of them!

oh gawd sher.. now i REALLY REALLY want to go to a bakery! dang it.

Susan: oh I don't hate the cold..if I can afford to "stay warm inside" and don't have to shovel snow or deal with ice it's ok..but I do hate having to wear bulky coats! It's the extreme's I dislike.. TOO hot or TOO cold.
But I do love the forests and the smell of fallen leaves under my feet (even in summer) just something about being in the woods i love.

7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home