My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, December 07, 2009

Afghans...

These are some Afghans I made and have never been used.. I opened them up and put them on my full sized bed to take pictures. There had been a small craft show and I sold 2 for 30.00 each which almost covered the yarn.. thought that was pretty good!

This first one is the smallest one, as it doesn't quite go side to side of a double bed.  The size is 42 wide by 60 long.

(close up below)

This next one, at least covers the double bed with a tiny (very tiny) bit of hangover.  It's size is 57 wide by 64 long.

(close up)

This last one is close in size to the one above being 54 wide and 68 long but has more neutral colors.

(close up)

to be honest I didn't measure the last two.. but this green one is laying over a recliner chair...

and this last one over a "loveseat" (but not quite wide enough to go side to side on a double bed)  I just finished this one.. more sewing together then I care for but it came out ok

11 Comments:

Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

Pat, these are ALL Beautiful! And the work that went into them....My My My!

1:01 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

These are absolutely beautiful. I crochet and know how hard it is to do this good of a job. Seems like you could sell them for more but I know how it goes with the handcrafted items.

3:00 PM  
Blogger Melli said...

Pat... you do BEAUTIFUL work - and I think you are REALLY selling yourself short only asking $30 for them! Those people who bought them are laughing all the way home! You should be asking $60-$100!

3:30 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

thanks Naomi: I enjoy making them

Kathleen:I do think some has to do with the fact it's not manufactured, you can't return it etc. but labor on this sort of thing is near impossible, I do it because I enjoy it.

thanks Melli!

5:45 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

They're beautiful, Pat, and your work is so neat! The new one is so pretty, I like the colours. Also like the way you're using some as throws.

7:24 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I think you should as more than $30 for these!!! You put a lot of work into them! They're gorgeous Pat! You do such wonderful work!! I love the color of the green one that you did...very pretty :) You've got some talent!!

1:15 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

Oh Pat, you definitely should have charged more!!!! I used to sell crafts on consignment in gift stores and things, and you're right, you'll probably never get paid a worthy amount for your time. BUT you definitely should be able to charge more than that! Seriously, Pat, next time try at least $50 or $60. Just think about how much people will pay for generic, manufactured stuff. These are handmade treasures! And they're beautiful!!!

8:05 AM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

These are so pretty! I need one of these for my new library!

10:28 AM  
Blogger madcobug said...

Every one of them is beautiful. Worth a lot more that you sold them for.
Hygs, Helen

7:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tend to agree with all the above comments. You do beautiful work and you might have got even more than you did, but you sold them and that is what counts in this economic time. Homemade pieces like these aren't easy to come by so you clients got a great deal.
Hopefully you didn't have to pay to participate in the craft show. So many now charge for the space or stall. Vala3

3:54 PM  
Blogger Carl V. said...

Those are gorgeous! And whoever got one for $30 got a steal!!!

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home