My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, December 09, 2009

December 8

It took until now for the Bald Cypress to turn to "rust" and have the leaves begin to fall (some trees are still half green). But this is as close as it gets to looking like fall here..soon they will be bare of their feathery looking leaves.  I don't know when they get then new foliage yet.

The reason I haven't done pond posts is because it's pretty quiet and vacant of bird life.

The pair of Moorhens remain.. here's one of them that I took this morning.

And shockingly the large Heron was across the pond on the plastic that floats in the pond for the Anhinga to rest on.. he rarely is here during the daytime anymore.. I think he was drying off from his own bath.

These aren't the best pictures but they never are when they are on the far side of the pond.

later near sunset Deadeye showed up... I hadn't seen him in at least a week.

As I did my mile walk around the pond (5 times around equals 1 mile) I noticed the Cormorants resting... they didn't dive in the water or fly away so after my 5 rounds I got my camera and walked to the other end of the pond where they sat waiting and posing...

...so I obliged them and snapped some pictures.

8 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

Just stunning, Pat. I don't know how you manage such artistic shots of the birds. The light is so beautiful too.

6:53 PM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

They all look pretty comfy! It must not be that cold down there since I haven't seen hardly any birds whatsoever all month.

4:02 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

Oh those Cormorants are So Very Sweet...! You always show us some WONDERFUL and BEAUTIFUL Birds, Pat, and I just love them. ALL Of them--including Dead-Eye....!

4:28 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Cath: some of the birds pose I just know it lol

Tink: I expected more birds (and different ones) in the winter but so far they seem to just not be as many and no new ones

Naomi: I love Deadeye lol.. it's amazing to watch him catch such tiny fish!!! I've seen the Anhinga with a fish at the end of their beaks but I haven't seen a cormorants catch yet.

5:47 AM  
Blogger madcobug said...

Glad that you have a place that you can walk Pat. I think all your pictures are beautiful, across the pond or not. Hugs, Helen

7:03 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

Oooh, I love the rusty color of the bald cypress! And that picture with their reflection in the pond is just gorgeous.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

do you think they think you are another bird? heh hehe

11:38 AM  
Blogger eileeninmd said...

I like your trees, and you are seeing some great birds. I really love the Tricolored Heron and the Cormorants.

4:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home