My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My Son the Trekkie

My girlfriend took me shopping with her and one of the places we went to  Borders book store.  I was proud... I bought nothing!...

But my oldest son, (birth son, sorry Chris~!) who is a Trekkie, did well for Christmas from me... I found this Star Trek Hardback book on the art of the movie and a magazine on Trek Villains! (I can show all of this because he never reads my blog! lol)

So HE made out well...

here are some photo's from the book..

(Ooooo McCoy!!)

I nearly dropped over when I found out the cost of the magazine was almost 10.00 !!

NIcky Meyer, Nicky Meyer, Nicky Meyer.. errr I mean Nicholas Meyer, Nicholas Meyer, Nicholas Meyer..  He did the best Original movies

... Khan!... incredible !

..I have to say for ME it is a toss up for favorite villain between these two fantastic actors, Ricardo Montalban and Christopher Plummer.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I glanced over the Star Trek book when I was at Border's as well. I really didn't want to buy it as I only buy paperbacks nowdays. I keep having to go through my books and take them to the Friends of the Library Book sale. At least that way I know they are going to people who love to read as much as we do.
Have only bought a few of those Star Trek magazines, though I did buy the one that introduced all the folks in the new movie when it first came along. It is hard to justify paying that much for a zine. I used the excuse that I needed it to draw on the likeness of the NuTrek stars. Works for me.
And I did like Montalban and Plummer as great Star Trek villians as well. Vala3

5:11 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

vala: can't remember the last magazine I bought..but had I seen the one with the new cast ..well.. i might have had to have that one! lol.. yeah two great actors as villians!!

6:31 PM  
Blogger Kailana said...

I wish I was getting both of these. lol :)

8:33 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

Great presents, Pat. Love the art book.

3:35 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

kelly: that could be one reason we get along so well even with such a huge age difference lol

Hey Cath! sentcha an email..

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home