My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, December 18, 2009

Susan Boyle

Above is the ball on my Charlie Brown Christmas Tree...

And below is something I hope to get for Christmas. (but as granny always said: wish in one hand ...chit in the other.. see which gets filled first! duh!)

This is Susan Boyle. I'm sure many  have heard of her.  She went from and unknown "middle aged" woman to a superstar overnight!  She stands there singing her song, stunning the entire audience.  (and the judges)

 

From that moment on she became an international super star!  Imagine that!  At age 47 her dream came true!

It's been months since that happened to her but I still can't watch the original version of it without crying.  First I cry for her beautiful voice.  Then I cry because you can tell she relates to this song.. it's her very own swan song... then I cry when the audience stands for her.  And then I cry when the judges tell her what they think of her.  But it's all a good cry.

There's hope here.  Hope for anyone of any age, not to ever give up.. not even when you grow older.  Hold on to those dreams forever.  Ok I will admit this sort of thing doesn't happen often... but there's no way of knowing who it WILL happen to.  Of course it isn't just singing either.. it's any dream you have.. keep them. savor them. hold them in your heart forever... Susan Boyle teaches us this...

Just look at her now!  If you have cable TV you might be able to see "the Susan Boyle Story" on the TV Guide channel.  It's been repeating and you might be able to catch it.. if you want a feel good show.. watch it.

Of course we are always happy for those this happens too.. and I certainly am happy for Susan Boyle.  And one can't help hoping that one day it will be my turn .. or your turn... 

I know I am not an optimist and I always feel.. if it's good it won't happen to me.. but when I watch something like this.. I know the hope is still there.. it's buried deep, but it's there!

Thank you for the true life Cinderella Story Susan Boyle.. I hope it makes you happy for the rest of your life!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Jenny said...

I've probably seen this video a dozen times, and it still makes me cry! I love the little smile she gives right before she starts singing - she knows she's about to make Simon Cowell shut up. :P

8:57 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Jenny: I thought she smiled at Piers since he did give her a small smile before she began..but I hope she knew in her heart that she was going to make them eat their first impression even if not the winner. I'm glad Simon signed her and made her cd.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

I was so inspired by her story. You are right it gives us all hope and reminds us to NEVER give up on our dreams or hopes for the future!

4:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was so impressed by that vid that I saved it and when I want to feel good and see an 'older woman' kick butt I rewatch it. I have rarely watch American Idol, because it is usually the young and they seem to fit into a mold. I really admired what Susan Boyle did and am glad she is accomplishing her dream. Hopefully someday she will be able to sing with Ellen Page. Also did you know that her CD outsold all the young studs and fems in its release?!!! You go girl. Vala3

5:00 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Kathleen: it's too bad we don't hear of more things like this to keep our hopes and dreams more to the front of our minds.

Vala: on cable the tv guide station (23) has been repeating the Susan Boyle Story.. during this small show about her she DOES sing a song with Elaine Page!!

5:08 PM  
Blogger madcobug said...

I saw that show and was amazed like everyone else when she opened her mouth and started singing. I love the different looks of Simon's face as she progresses with that song.
I like that changing light on your Christmas Tree. I hope your Christmas will be a happy one.
Hugs, Helen

6:59 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

It's one of the GREAT GREAT Miraculous Story's of 2009! Just as you did, I watched that video the first time so very many months ago and cried and cried---and it still makes me cry---and as you said these are tears of Happiness & Hope. And speaking of "hope", I hope you get your Susan Boyle CD for Christmas, Pat.

It's funny, you said you are always optomistic but in the next part of that sentence you said: "if it's good, I know it won't happen to me..". Doesn't sound too optomistoc, to me....lol! But I DO think you are an OPTOMIST, my dear....!

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home