My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Under the Charlie Brown Tree

Under my Charlie Brown tree is getting crowded with cards and pressies!

Debi sent me a beautiful home made card (the one with the pink squares..) it spells out Joy.  And she sent me a gift cert for Amazon!!  Hmmm, now how would she know something like that would be perfect?? heh.  Thank you so much Debi.. I keep looking at my wish list but think I will wait until xmas is over so my delivery doesn't maybe get lost in the rush.

My sis in England, Cath, sent me a beautiful Britain photo calendar! (she knows how I would love to visit her and England)  Here are a few pics from inside..

I think the cover (above) is my favorite (but subject to change) and it's not far from where Cath lives!

(above) lands End, Cornwall.

(above)Bamburgh Castle, Northumberland

(above) Glastonbury Tor, Somerset

Just look at this village below.. (Naunton,Gloucestershire.. ohhh! It's a "shire*!) this blew me away!  How many fantasy books have I read that may have had this same little village described in the book?..  amazing.

Thank you again sis! I love seeing pics of England.  I think most people think it's all like London but the countryside is so gorgeous!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice pics again Pat. Thanks for sharing your English gift with us.
Was over there in my younger years when I was backpacking around Europe. Stayed in youth hostels and rode the train or bus or walked, but the country was very beautiful. Would love to visit again, but unfortunately it has gotten so very expensive. Hard to believe I was over there for almost three months on only $1000 and came back with money left and Christmas presents. Supposed to get near freezing here tonight for the first time this year. Gotta bundle up. Vala

5:06 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

you are so lucky sher!!! yeah you couldn't go there and stay that long for that price anymore lol.

6:10 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

Pleased you like it, Pat. That last little village is likely as not in The Cotswolds which does have some wonderful little places. Picture postcard type of thing. We're also not far from Glastonbury Tor... it's only about an hour away.

Hope you're enjoying the cold front. Will try to e.mail tomorrow, busy weekend.

6:41 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Your tree is looking wonderful Pat :D What a gorgeous calendar!!! I can't wait to see what you get with Debi's gift :)

7:00 PM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

Gorgeous photos! Looks like you're having a great Christmas :)

10:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh nice, I see Coral's card on there....Have a great Christmas Pat...Howard's home, survived his angiogram and only found one potential problem area but not crucial to his other procedure. That will be handled later...love you. Carole

1:02 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

You know you couldn't be more welcome! And oh my, what a gorgeous calendar...oh how I want to go!

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home