My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A White Little Blue Heron... huh?

This little guy below, believe it or not, is a juvenile "little blue heron" !

I finally found him in the bird book. Very closely resembles a "reddish Egret" but legs are a different color and it doesn't have they pointy feathers.

 

So he's been hanging around.  He's really cute.  He (or she) at times comes up close to the apartments and even jumps on the bushes right by the sliding doors!.. I guess you'd call that a juvenile delinquent! lol

As an adult it will still have a lot of white..but will have some blue feathers to indicate it's no longer a juvenile.

This bird is found hunting minnows at the edge of the pond or walking around the bushes up by the sliding doors for bugs.  Imagine my surprise when I looked out one day and this bird was on top of the bush outside my door... he's not exactly the size of a sparrow even if he is small!

6 Comments:

Blogger cj said...

Geez, Pat, none of those birds are what I'd call little! I mean, I feed Chickadees!

What's up with the gators? They still lurking in the pond? I worry about your birds with those nasty critters there.

cjh

8:01 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

hi cj: awww i miss chickadees!!! Strange thing.. i haven't seen the gator in a week! I don't know if they do a semi-hibernation or not.. so I am afraid to think that it actually is gone for whatever reason.

8:03 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

Awww, isn't he a cutie?!!

9:02 AM  
Blogger madcobug said...

He is a cute little critter. I hope the gators left the area and don't bother the juvvie. Helen

6:06 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

I love the pure white of his feathers. Such a cutie!

6:44 AM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

He Is Adorable! What a BEAUTIFUL Bird! I love that he comes right up to the sliding door...How very brave of him.
GREAT GREAT Pictures, Pat, as always!

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home