My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Saturday, January 09, 2010

But.. But.. it was 60% Off!

My girlfriend took me out yesterday.

I needed to get out, I  haven't been away from the apartment (except for the chiropractor) since Christmas.

I knew she was taking me food shopping but once in her truck I asked if we were going anywhere else.  And then she said those fateful word, " I need to stop at Borders".  I cringed.  I know they are going out of business and would have some good deals but I really didn't want to buy any more books.. I need to save any buying for the few books that will come out during the year that go to series of books I am reading.  I guess I didn't sigh loud enough.. before we food shopped we were at the mall at Borders....

Generally when a book store closes and has great sales I find nothing! I was hoping this would be the case.  But this time I actually found 3 books!  (I don't buy unless I know I've been wanting it) Borders here in Vero is closing.. 60% off list price.

Actually I bought Mere Anarchy  for my Trekkie son...Great art on the cover... for some reason most artists have a difficult time painting DeForest but this one did very well indeed!!!  Artwork by : Alan Dingman (576 pgs)

ah well.. now I really can't go to amazon for this month!  And hoping I can stay away a few months until a series book comes out.  Wish me luck.

17 Comments:

Blogger Kailana said...

New books are fun! Since I have read the Novik and the Byatt I can say you are in for a treat. :)

4:48 PM  
Blogger Book pusher said...

Temptation is hard to resist, and think of the money you saved. They are all good buys, have fun reading.

5:25 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

kelly: ohhh glad to get good reports on those books, thanks!

bookpusher: hard to say if they just would have stayed on my list for ever or not.. but kinda glad I got them...but my other 111 tbr weren't thrilled LOL

5:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just lost the comment I was typing as I hit the wrong button. Drat. Anyway, have not heard of Mere Anarchy before. Let me know if it is any good. Got spoiled on ST fan fiction that I started reading just before I met you. Still read it, and a lot more new stories are out since the new movie.
And this is just too bloody cold for Florida. I Hate Cold Weather! I could see one or two nights but this is getting ridiculous. I have been wearing three layers to keep warm. So ready for summer.

5:47 PM  
Blogger Sheila Beaumont said...

I think the Temeraire books are delightful, and everyone I know who's read them says the same. I got The Children's Book a few days ago, but haven't read it yet. It looks interesting, at least. Enjoy your reading!

8:11 PM  
Anonymous Daniel said...

Well... Looks like you've got enough stuff to tide you over until February. (Maybe). LOL !!!

12:10 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oh lord, you're starting to sound like me, Pat :p Just kidding, lol. I don't think anyone would've been able to pass those up!! What a deal!! Enjoy 'em :D

2:46 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

Three great books, Pat. I think I have the Naomi Novik, but here it's called Temeraire. Planning to read it for the Once Upon a Time challenge. The Children's Book I'm not sure about getting because I've read mixed reviews. Be interested to hear what you think when you get to it. And I don't think any of us would expect you to leave a Trek book behind! That would just be *too* cruel.

4:34 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Shelia: I hope I like the books! Everytime I buy a book I get fearful that it won't hold my interest.

Daniel: I could read a year and not buy a book or go to the library! argh!

Chris: it's become an obsession and I've got to stop it. I do need ot keep a wish list but I HAVE to stop buying!

Cath: yeah the Childrens book I had on the wish list and took it off and put it on etc..each review causes me to change my mind lol.. but for the price I thought I'd try it... to be honest I'm sorry I spent the money when I'm not sure about it I hope I find I am wrong.

5:24 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Oh, Temeraire, hooray! I love that series, and I hope you will too. I am excited to see what you think of it! :)

12:37 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Okay, I'll wish you luck for the month! But really 60% off on books you know you already wanted...how could you say "no"?!!

1:17 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

carrie: i hear great things so I've got my fingers crossed.

debi: i need more then luck. truly I can't afford to be buying books unless at a thrift store for 50 cents..

2:51 PM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

My Waldenbooks is going out of business too. I bought 6 books for $22 on Saturday. I want to go back so bad!

7:15 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

DeForesets [octure is the BEST of all three of them! Oh to be so sorely tempted...lol!

9:40 PM  
OpenID josbookshelf said...

Oh you got a book from the Temeraire series! Is this the 5th book 'cause I don't have this.

You'll like the series but I suggest you read it chronologically. :)

6:56 AM  
OpenID josbookshelf said...

OOps, wait, your novel seems like a three-in-one, just as you commented on my site. I presume this is the title of a boxed set then. He, he...

7:00 AM  
Blogger Carl V. said...

60% off is understandable temptation in my opinion!

I hadn't seen that Mere Anarchy book. I hope your son enjoys it.

7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home