My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, January 29, 2010

Day Out

My Youngest son, Thom called me the other day and mentioned that my sister-in -law, Pat (yep, same name) wanted to go out to lunch and would I be interested.  I thought it would be nice since it was Pat's Birthday to go out with them both.  We went to a restaurant  here in Vero but out on the island, a place called Waldo's.

After we ate we walked out back to overlook the ocean.  This is Pat (my sister-in-law) and my son Thom.

(above: shady view.  Below: sunny view)

Mother and son...

Seagulls flew above...

... and we saw more Pelicans!  Gads from none to lots of them!!

We went over by the Indian River by the bridge .. many boats were there but I saw this one sitting all alone just begging for a photo to be taken.

It was a very nice lunch (too much food) and a beautiful day out.. there were nice views everywhere we went!  There are times I hate coming back to the old folks home.

My reading seems to have taken a dump.  The book I am reading I AM enjoying, and the author is an excellent writer but I can't seem to read more then 2 chapters when I sit to read, I hope this goes away soon because I really want to get my tbr pile down to something "reasonable".  I may be dreaming but I will be trying! lol

14 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

Oh Pat, it looks like such a wonderful day! And I love that phot of you and your son! :D

Is it bad to admit how jealous I am about the pelican sightings? That was my only disappointment from my visit to LA (aside from my time spent with Chris was just waaaaay to short)...I wanted to see a pelican so badly, but didn't.

Sounds like our reading is going about the same...I just can't seem to get anything done. Hopefully that will turn around for both of us soon!

7:37 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

It looks SO sunny and warm there! I'm as sick of winter as I've ever been in my life. I love the picture of you and your son.

7:42 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Debi: aww I am sorry you didn't see a Pelican but if it will make you feel better, I've been living here 8 months and the last 2 days have been the first I've seen them!
Yeah.. I need a shot or something! dunno why (except for crocheting) that my reading has hit such a slump..it never stops, but it's a bad slump.

Hey Donna! congrats on your successful surgery!! I'm more then tired of bouncing mine off my knees! lol... yeah that was the only draw back of living up north.. i did like winter but it was way too long!!

8:30 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

That sounds like a wonderful day!! I've never seen pictures of Thom before! He's a good looking man! That restaurant looks really cool...and I'm so happy that you finally got to see some pelicans :D I have to say that the pelicans you have over there are much cooler than our pelicans. Their beaks are bigger, lol.

My reading has been going pretty slow too. But I guess it doesn't help that I'm reading three books at the same time :/ I'm currently reading The Hobbit (for the 4th time), Manhood for Amateurs, and Little Brother...they're all good but I've only read 100 pages of each and I've been reading all 3 for a week now!!

11:48 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

chris: I almost wrote that YOU werer actually my youngest son but figured I should leave it as is LOL LOL.. I thought of you when I got Pelican pics as you said you saw some in N.O...I cringed thinking I could live in Fla for 8 months and not get a photo of a pelican! lol

you even started some books during RIP that you didn't finish!.. after this mess read one at a time! LOL or one at work and leave it there and one at home lol

2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks as if you had a great lunch. The pic of you and your son is great. I don't know if I have ever seen him before. It was thoughtful that they included you in the lunch.
Great pic of the seagull in flight. How did you get him to hold still and pose for you?...lol.
If I took it the photo would just be blurry. Vala3

4:03 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

Some lovely photos there, Pat. As Chris said, your youngest son is a good looking man. And what a nice day you had! And as always I love the birds.

I'm taking ages over the book I'm reading too. Mind, it is a chunkster - 500 pages - but even so, I should have finished it by now.

7:10 PM  
Blogger Kailana said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! I enjoyed looking at the pictures. :)

7:14 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Sher: actually you might have! he came to the Miami cons with me now and then but that was way back when he was 16 and he's 42 now! *cough cough*

Cath: oh man.. this is not a long book and it's a ya book and the reading is easy and good..I am just doing crocheting and watching a bit more tv I guess ..its not going to be a winning reading year lol

hey Kelly: yeah that's my "baby" age 42..(excuse me while i get sick!) lol

7:29 PM  
Blogger madcobug said...

Glad that you got to get out with your son and SIL for a while. Loved the pictures. Helen

10:27 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

thanks Helen.. it is rare to get out other then to food shop anymore!

6:19 AM  
Blogger Carl V. said...

I love the way that restaurant looks. I can see the attraction just because of that, I'm glad to hear that the food was good.

As I was reading and looking at the pictures I was thinking it was a shame that you always took pics but weren't in them, so I was thrilled to see a picture of you and your son together.

Here's hoping the reading slump ends soon.

8:09 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

carl: I stay pretty far from in front of a camera these days.. there are enough "lined road maps" to look at!

8:26 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

you're lookin' good! Really -- you actually have a more peaceful and rested look then before you moved.

I'm thinking this bird watching, photography, and warmer weather AND no more dodging bullets is actually very good for you.

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home