My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

January Morn'

Dawn :  January 12, 2010. 

It's cold this morning, but not as cold as it has been...  and by the weekend we will have gone for the 20s and 30s to the 80s again.

You won't hear me complain about the cold down here since one thing I do know is it is short lived.  I might complain if  "spring and fall" lasted longer then 2 or 3 weeks but it seems we go hot to cold and back again overnight here.. no real seasons to speak of.

Don't get me wrong.  I am like everyone else... I get way too hot ,to the point I sit and don't move so that I don't sweat,  and do feel too cold at times... and if "winter" lasted here as long as it does up north, well then.. it would be different.

It seems that Boo has been enjoying the colder weather too...

Boo has been very active during the colder weather.. he jumps around and plays with his mouse like he was a kitten!

I didn't know what to expect about the birds around the pond during winter and this winter shows that most of them must go even further south!   So it's quiet around the pond these days.  Even the Gator disappeared!

Today was a day I needed comfort food.. so I made myself a pancake.  Just one mind you....

ok.. so I neglected to tell you that although I only make ONE pancake.. it just happens to barely fit in a plate.    I like Land O Lakes Spread and cinnamon sugar on top...but only because I can't have vanilla ice cream on it..heh.  I hope y'all have a good day.

11 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

Am eyeing up that pancake, Pat. The topping sounds wonderful on this cold and rainy day here in the UK.

I did think you would get a lot of birds there during the colder months but, like you said, maybe they went even further south... South America maybe?

6:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Think the gators are smart and hide away somewhere warm until summer. Know I get hunkered down under layers and don't want to get up.
That is some kind of pancake! Makes my mini bagel look wan. Oh well Sporangia and I might go out for breakfast on Friday and I will get a waffle. Only do that on cold days. Vala3

3:54 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

cath: yes I thought there'd be more birds too! very surprised.

Sher: actually that pancake was my dinner lol... and often I make them and eat them with no topping.. like warm bread!

4:19 PM  
Blogger madcobug said...

I thought about you during this cold weather and thinking you were probably enjoying it. That pancake looks like the ones I make. I use the whole wheat pancake mix and the sugarless pancake syrup with butter. Mine feels up the whole plate also.
Ken doesn't care for them though.
Helen

5:15 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

Oh, those are the cutest pictures of Boo....Such an adorable person...! Hope it starts warming up again, sooooooon...!

6:38 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Your pancake looks yummy!

11:44 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Ok, that first picture of Boo is BEGGING to be made into a LOLCAT!!!! It looks like he's playing air guitar!!! I absolutely love it :D I think it's my favorite picture ever :D And that pancake looks so good!! I want it!

2:28 AM  
Blogger Carl V. said...

That is quite the swing of temps you will go through. We finally got back in the 30's, from the 0's, and it feels like a heat wave. I'm definitely not ready for 80 degree temps. Despite the long cold stretch I am in the mood for more winter and hopefully a long spring before summer descends.

7:54 AM  
Blogger Kailana said...

Cute cat pictures! I actually agree with Chris on them. :)

6:09 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

helen: well it's easier and quicker to make one big one then a bunch of small ones! lol

naomi: if it weren't for boo I'd be totally alone.. he's my buddy.

kathleen: wanna bite? lol

chris: sent you an email

carl: yeah florida is notorious for that... i wish I was happier about it. love the 60 and 70's it could stay those temps forever!

hi kelly!.. it's hard for me to get pics of boo.. he knows when I get the camera and stops everything.. he's not a good model for the camera lol

7:05 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

that is a healthy pancake. or is it a flapjack. or is it a hoctcake? ha ha ha

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home