My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, January 01, 2010

Last Day of the Year at the Pond

The last day of the year brought me a surprise to the pond!!

Seagulls!!! .. and they dive for bread!!

It wasn't easy tossing bread and then trying to find them in the camera and snap pictures but this is the best I could do.

 

 

 

I had to live here 7 months to see a seagull !  That's pathetic!  I wasn't on the water in Jersey and saw them frequently, though I don't know why.

Oh well..now if I could get some pelican pictures!!

7 Comments:

Blogger cj said...

Seagulls! Deslily has seagulls! I miss them mightily in the winter and would give anything to hear them cry!

I think your pictures are great but they make me want to be on the beach!

Thanks for sharing.

cjh

6:46 AM  
Blogger Astaryth said...

They sure will go for any food that you offer... In fact, the little buggers can be very aggressive! Lots of places here have signs saying don't feed them because if they start expecting food they will just take it.... Although, there is nothing funnier than seeing a seagull steal french fries right out of someone's hand, I do realize that it could be dangerous for the kids ;)

8:56 AM  
Blogger Daphne said...

I love pelicans!! I hope you get some.

7:27 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

cj: i live very close to the ocean I can't believe it took so long for me to see a seagull!

JJ: I'll let you know if they return lol..

daphne: me too!

6:07 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

Pretty stunning 'action' pics there, Pat! I too find it hard to credit that it's the first seagulls that have visited the pond. Wow.

7:10 AM  
Anonymous Jenny said...

I love seagulls! I'm so pleased for you & love the pictures.

4:56 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

I think you did GREAT! I just love that ALL these dear dear Birds find The Pond and Visit...!

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home