My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, January 10, 2010

A Mixed Bag... at the Pond

Just because I haven't showed the Moorhens lately here's a shot of one of them coming for some bread.

A dozen Ducks are still staying at the pond but never come close to be fed.

The Ibis, who never seem to go to the grass island decided to invade it today!

no matter for the Ibis, the ducks duck under and feed constantly no matter how cold it gets!

7 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

In that last pic that ibis on the right looks like it's looking at the duck's butts and thinking, 'Wut?' heheheh.

7:17 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I've missed the moorhens! Good to see one of them again :) They're such pretty birds. I wonder how their little babies are doing. I wish they would've stuck around, but with birds, the babies always leave :(

7:51 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Cath: aww lol yeah he does sorta hahaha it's funny to look out and if all the ducks are congragated in the corner of the pond near me I see more duck butts then heads!

chris: what seems odd to me is that although when the babies leave they are every bit as big as the parents there is no orange on the bills. I wonder how old they are before that happens?

6:06 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

What is it about duck butts that is just so cute anyway? :)

1:18 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

debi: well now.. that depends if you are downwind when one farts! lol

2:49 PM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

That's surprising that the ducks don't take advantage of the bread. Everywhere around here where people feed them, they flock.

7:14 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

BEAUTIFUL Pictures, my dear...the one of the two ducks is just sublime!

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home