My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, January 15, 2010

Odds & Ends

I put this first picture on facebook.

I looked in a fish tank and what did I see?

A tiny seahorse looking back at me!

 

.. another little tank had turtles.. the kind we all had when we were young... I never knew they could grow so big!

 

... a lone Seagull.  (but it looks as if many other seagulls have visited that spot at one time or another... ahem.)

.. a beautiful Sailfish statue near a marina.  I was surprised that there wasn't any sort of plaque on it..not even the name of the artist.

It was a cloudy day.. still cool but not "cold"... today will be warmer yet but as I look outside it looks like rain is on it's way.

I've been reading..but slowly.. but that's because I'm crocheting yet again!  Lots of times I just don't want to think, and crocheting is just the thing.. all one needs to do is count.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In one of my many jobs putting myself through college, I worked as a lab assistant to an invertebrate zoologist. One of my assignments was feeding his sea critters. It was fun feeding the sea horses. Their little tails would anchor them on the sea weeds and with an eyedropper I would put live 'daphne duplex du mer' (water fleas) into their aquariums. The sea horses would hover then suck them up like a Hoover. Fun to feed. I lead a wierd life. Vala3

4:53 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

The seahorse and baby turtles are really really cute.

Hope it's not getting too hot there again? The snow is mostly gone here and it's now raining and mild. Not my favourite combination.

Looking forward to seeing what you crochet!

4:42 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

sher: lol i'd love that job! lol

cath: yes it's warming up.. supposed to be near 80 today but with rain.. next week looks delightful.. in the low to mid 70s.

5:51 AM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

I LOVE Seahorses....And that is a fabulous picture Pat....Very ethereal and Spiritual....Love the little guy sitting on his Momma, maybe....Sweet Sweet Turtles.

3:19 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

what kind of gull? I'm always asking that when people post a gull photo.

As I've gotten more interested in them, it is fun to see how many I can identify. I can't that one. Black bill. Black legs? Gray wings. black tail?

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home