My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

One of Those Days..

I looked out to find the Egret back and sitting on the Island...

A little later he took his stroll around the pond.

(I swear Egrets have "slinkeys"  for necks!)

... ya gotta love this next photo!... even Egrets have bad hair days!!!

(I even had to post this one on facebook!)

On a different subject...

... before I go... here's a picture of another afghan I just made..

just plain old granny squares with left over colors I wanted to get rid of.. all I had to do was buy the black yarn.

Yesterday I had a sad spell come over me.  I went to the office of this little complex and was talking with the two ladies that are in charge here.  We got to gabbing and one subject turned to another and I found myself talking about some of the celebrities I had met and helped at shows... it was a stroll down memory lane.

As I left to walk back to my apartment I suddenly felt like the little old lady who would talk to anyone who would listen to her about her past. When she was happier a little younger and at times surrounded by such talented and interesting  people, and hearing stories until they flooded my mind.

I allowed myself to cry the rest of the way back to the apartment wondering when I turned into that old lady.  Luckily it didn't last toooo long and I promised myself to try not to do that again..  then i saw the Egret with the bad hair and felt better.

10 Comments:

Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

That is a WONDERFUL Picture of that dear Egret and his/her Bad Hair....
I understand the feeling of "old"...I was talking to my dear friend Kim, and she said, "I feel like I got OLD, Overnight"....I know what she means...We are very close in age and for me and for her this feeling of "old" seem to have come with physical problems...It is no fun.

10:53 AM  
Blogger Astaryth said...

The Egret is sooo cool! LOVE it!

Feeling old must be in the air this weekend. Geoff and I attended the Circus last night. It was the unit we used to travel with. Even after 6 years we still new some people on the show. It was great to see them, but made me miss traveling with the show... seeing a new city each week, putting on a show, traveling. Sigh! I KNOW that I would be sighing over the amount of work if I was doing it... we only remember the fun parts ;P Still, it made me feel old and boring because Sunday they will be tearing down and moving on to the next interesting place, and I will still be here doing the same old same old..... Le Sigh...

12:39 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

naomi: oh i believe that "health" more then the number age is what makes us old!!!

JJ: I think I miss looking forward to "the good times".. I have none anymore.. and you were remembering "the next town".. that's looking ahead too... must be in the air huh?

12:56 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

*hugs hugs and more hugs*

4:11 PM  
Blogger cj said...

Pat -

Golden years, huh? There are times when I truly wish I could go back but then I look at the state of the world and I find myself giving thanks for no longer being young. It's a strange mix of feelings.

Your photos are great, as always. The Egret is just so beautiful, bad hair day or not!

As for the blues... as long as they don't stay too long, there's not a thing wrong with them, is there? And just think of what you've witnessed throughout your life that the 'kids' of today will never get to see... and wouldn't understand anyway. I mean, really, the music we've experienced is so much better than today it alone is worth the price of admission, so to speak.

cjh

6:04 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

debi: better not i might not let go!

cj: it's not so much wishing I could go back as "still have them".. nothing to look forward to is hard to deal with especially the times it slaps you in the face... ah well

6:15 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

It's horrible when that 'how did I get this old?' feeling suddenly washes over you. I've been getting it a bit recently too and it's depressing. Especially when you know you have a lot less life left than you've lived...

Lovely Afghan as always, Pat. And I love Punk Egret!

Did you get the scone recipe I sent yesterday?

Out tomorrow but then I have three free days so will be in touch.

6:49 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

who wouldn't WANT to listen -- for petes sake. You're full of fun memories.

2:46 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

ps. better than talking about our bowel movements. snort.

2:46 AM  
Blogger Janet said...

My Mom used to have a button that says: "Screw the Golden Years"!

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home