My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A Pink Winter Morn..

The other morning was nasty nasty...  very cloudy and pink!!   Rain and possible thunderstorms were due as a 'cold front" comes through.  The nights are to dip down in the 40 but days still in the low 70's.. so not all that "cool".

I did not enhance the below shot.. it was weird looking outside it was so pink for abut a half hour.. and look, the tree in front of my apartment finally lost those rust colored leaves!

(note the lone Grebe in the pond. Often I look out and see this tiny bird all alone in the middle of the pond.)

A few ducks came back though (that makes the Grebe happy)..

I hope at least one pair sticks around and I get to see ducklings!

I have two new critters that were very recently "born"  here..

twins!  (fraternal of course)..

Cheech "n" Chong!..? Abbott 'n' Costello.?.. Laurel 'n' Hardy...? Whadaya think?

10 Comments:

Blogger Astaryth said...

What's the saying: Red sky at night, Sailors Delight. Red sky in morning, Sailor take Warning! A sky like that usually comes before a nice storm!

Love the little Octopusses!

1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well we got a good storm Sunday night and maybe that moved down toward you. Woke up that morn with a bloody cold! So now just being a slug and dealing with it. What cute octupussies..octupii, octupeoples,....ahh.. a couple of little invertabrates! Vala3

4:02 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

JJ: wow didn't know you were old enough to know that saying LOL..

hey Sher: hmmmm Octopusses? I like Octupii lol

4:07 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

The Smothers Brothers...lol! They are awfully cite.
And the Ducks are so very dear....
What a mysterious and beautiful color that 'pink' is...!

9:14 PM  
Blogger wsxwhx654 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:03 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

naomi: yah Dick and Tommy.. forgot them and I never missed their old show! lol

8:51 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

I love your Octupii!! :D So cute Pat!!! As soon as I actually learn how to crochet (which may not actually be until I meet Debi :p) I'm so going to make you a cute little creature!!

That sky is so beautiful. Though I have to say that the little grebe swimming in the pond by himself makes me sad, lol. He looks like he needs some friends...lol...at least the ducks came to say hello!

1:00 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

Octopus and Octococks. (Oh I know.. old joke)

2:45 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

I missed this post! Not sure how I managed *that*. But anyway, your octo... er... pussies or pi... are cuter than cute, Pat. I love them to bits!

2:50 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

chris: I know about the Grebe! Often I look out and he is the ONLY bird around and sitting out there all alone :o( how I wish he would come close and eat bread.

Pam: Ooooold old!

Cath: just trying to use up excess yarn that I don't have enough of for much else lol..

7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home