My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, January 08, 2010

The Pond.. Jan.6, 2010

I woke to 29 degree temperatures!!  But since I was inside and not out it felt like 68 , which in fact it was in my apartment ..heh. 

Here are some views from my apartment..

This is a photo taken from my kitchen area looking out at the pond. The gate you see in front of my door is so BooBoo won't destroy the screen when lizards come close.

I got a second picture of the illusive Warbler.

... attempted two more shots of the little Grebe.  He's small.. he's fast.. and he keeps as from from humans as possible!

..and because no one else seemed to be around I took this photo of BooBoo Kitty.. this is what a cat looks like when it's cold out..

..and when it's not cold out !

and last...  this evening I went out with my usual 3 slices of bread to break up and feed some birds... as I walked out the pond came alive with Ibis who spotted me instantly and flew to my side of the pond... this is what I faced with only 3 slices of bread!!!

Thankfully, unlike Geese, they don't get upset when the bread runs out!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

I've been seeing news about your cold snap on CNN this week. BRRRR...I know you guys must be freezing. I'm glad all the little critters are surviving in the cold!

2:44 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

This cold is just wonderful!!! I'm loving it..we're supposed to get lows as low as 17 tonight! I can't get over that!! I'm laughing at all of those ibis' coming after you :p I'd be a little frightened there, Pat :p That grebe is so cute!!

4:54 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Kathleen: are you kidding? I am loving this cold!!! I am not a lover of how hot it is down here MOST of the time so this is wonderful!

Chris : lol how weird are we loving the cold spells? hahahaha. You'd crack up if you saw all those Ibis take off from the other side of the pond the minute they see you come outside LOL yet you can't get them to take bread from your hand and they won't come as close to me as the moorhens will.

5:16 PM  
Blogger cj said...

Love the shots of the Grebe and the Warbler. Beautiful birds and beautiful photos!

cjh

5:42 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

That's so funny about the bread and the Ibis. heheh. Glad you're enjoying the cold snap and I hope no Iguanas have fallen out of trees onto your head...

6:38 PM  
Anonymous Daniel said...

Yikes ! Try to stay warm Pat, and Happy New Year !!! (Was 15 degrees out my way this morning) !!!

10:57 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Oh my gosh...that bottom photo just cracks me up!!! Oooh, and I just want to curl right up there with BooBoo Kitty...he looks so comfy cozy!

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home