My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Return of the Egret

Since we had the 2 weeks of rather cold weather, the Egret had disappeared from the pond leaving nearly no birds about except the Moorhens and the Grebe...

The last 3 days have gotten warmer each day (today will hit 80..no comment)... and low and behold the Egret returned!

He's such a pretty bird I am glad he's back but I guess now each time we get a cold snap he will disappear..but at least I know his routine now.

This is him strolling by my apartment.

The end of the day was pretty too.. the red sunsets had gone with the cool weather but last night I peeked out and saw this..

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

See, even the smart birds leave when it gets cold. Not up to the eighties here, but it has reached the seventies but it is pouring rain and that is leaving quite a chill in the air.
About the afgan, when I get one of yours, I expect to pay for it. The time and materials are worth a lot.
Not to mention I love that is done by a friend. As for colors, love autumanal colors, blues, dark and light greens...just say I like most colors. The artist in me I reckon.

3:56 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

Oh, he's clearly a 'fair weather' friend! LOL. I'll forgive him because he's so beautiful. As is that sunset.

7:13 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

He looks like he got bigger! Such a beautiful bird. It warmed up here today too :( I'm not a happy camper either :(

1:48 AM  
Blogger cj said...

He's sure pretty! Wonder where he goes off to when it gets chilly.

It's 19 here at the moment and we've had single digits the last three nights in a row - no cloud cover isn't good this time of year!

cjh

2:34 AM  
OpenID libritouches said...

He's so pure white in colour... *loves it* Do you find a lot of bird feathers, Pat? *curious* Despite the fact that we have about 30 gulls, a family of ducks, half a dozen moorhens (or coots, I forget), and countless jackdaws, we find feathers only very rarely...

So I'm curious whether it's the same for you or different! ^-^

2:36 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

I think the Egret is such a Beautiful and unusyal looking Bird....That long neck that seems to be able to reach anywhere...And the Feathers always look so wgite...Very sweet pictures, Pat.

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home