My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Saturday, January 02, 2010

A White Bird Type of Day at the Pond

Just a few Ibis stopped by... (this isn't even half of them!)

 

..the Big Egret came by this morning and then in the evening again.

He went to the tiny grass island...

..and proceeded to preen his feathers.

... and then posed showing off the great job he did.

Then twice today I also came across the little egret... first he was wandering around someone else's apartment..

...I think he's looking for bugs in the bushes.

Then I found him right outside my sliding doors!

he's so cute !  I wish he could be tamed to eat from humans.. he doesn't seem very afraid of them.

12 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

I'd sort of kill to see Ibis in my back garden... lol! The egret is so beautiful.

7:12 AM  
Blogger Shanra said...

Wow! Those are some gorgeous shots and moments! And so many birds! O_O And all white! Maybe they're trying to make up for the fact that there's no snow?

Happy new year, love! ^-^

12:38 PM  
Blogger Book pusher said...

So many lovely birds and photos. Just want to wish you a happy new year filled with reading adventures.

2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great bird pics. Glad you got the photo. Have been trying to get the attachment-e-mail down and Momcat was here and gave an assist.
And how about them Gators. Vala

4:16 PM  
Blogger Kailana said...

I am seeing a lot of white outside my window at the moment... lol

5:22 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

That first picture is just GORGEOUS Pat!! I love it :D You should make a postcard out of it! We have an egret at work who walks around the hospital very sneakily and he will all of a sudden attack the lizards on the plants and eat them up! LOL..it's quite comical :p

5:28 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Cath: the Ibis are piggies! lol

happy new year to you book pusher!! I hope you have a fabulous reading year too!!

kelly: LOL .. umm but I don't have to shovel my white! lol

Chris: is it a big egret (3-4 ft tall) or a small one?? this little one I think eats some of the lizards too he could eat them all I'd pen him up in front of my sliding doors!! the lizards poop all over! lol

5:31 PM  
Blogger cj said...

Beautiful photos, beautiful birds.

Thanks for sharing, Pat.

cjh

6:46 PM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

They're so pretty and fluffy!

9:23 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oh it's a big egret!! Like the 4 foot tall ones...it cracks me up when he has lizard tales shaking about outside of his mouth...it's also a little sad though :( lol

9:39 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

thanks cj glad you like them

hi tink: and noisey lol

chris: the big egrets here go for fish only and trust me there's gizillions of lizards around here!

5:00 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

WOW! So many BEAUTIFUL White Birds...! And that dear Baby...what a pure delight. I tell you Pat...having all these birds visitinf is such a Gift!

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home