My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, February 26, 2010

Andrew Koenig Found Dead: 'My Son Took His Own Life,' Says Father

I took a small piece from an AOL article.. I feel so awful that Walter and Judy have to go thru this. It's not right that parents outlive their children.

A sad day..

Andrew Koenig, son of Judy and Walter Koenig was found dead in Vancouver's Stanley Park yesterday morning.  He was discovered during a search party consisting of friends and family.

Walter (Chekov of the original Star Trek) said his son had taken his own life. No foul play is suspected.

11 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

It's just so very heartbreaking. *hugs*

6:53 AM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

Very Very sad that he was in that much pain. I "feel" for his parents...they have to be devistated and completly Heartbroken.

12:53 PM  
Blogger cj said...

That is sad, for everyone involved.

I had no idea that Andrew played Boner on Family Ties.

I hope his parents can find peace.

cjh

1:10 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

I can't imagine the pain they must be going through. My thoughts and prayers are with them.

4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was very concerned when it was reported that Andrew had gone off his antidepressents. Saw a bit of news conference with Walter and Judy and he was very close to tears. Felt so bad for them. sher

5:21 PM  
Blogger madcobug said...

That was so sad. My colondences to his family and friends. Helen

6:08 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

It certainly is Debi.

Naomi: The Koenigs don't live that far from you.. they are from Studio City. I just hope they are strong enough to cope with this.

hi cj: yes he was also a director and writer ..very talented like his father! I don't know Judy, Walters wife, but I hope they can find some peace sometime.

Kathleen: sometimes it's hard to believe things like this happen to famous people too..

Sher: the real pain lies with those left behind. too bad there no medicine to make us forget the emotional pains.

6:08 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

Dreadful. We tend to think the rich and famous don't have problems like this but of course they do. Even more so perhaps working in such an image conscious industry.

6:19 PM  
Blogger Carl V. said...

It is so hard to see anyone give up on life and must be devastating beyond words when it is your child who does so. My thoughts and prayers are with them.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

I was so sad when I read this yesterday. How devastating for Walter and his wife, how tragic. Then to read the same day that Marie Osmond's son also committed suicide. My thoughts are with them also. Thanks for sharing this, Pat.

12:02 AM  
Blogger redsneakz said...

It's only when looking at my own blog do I remember your association with the Real Star Trek family.

I feel terrible for Walter's loss, and while I haven't seen fit to write him directly, I hope that he can find peace and comfort - someplace.

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home