My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, February 04, 2010

Checkin' Up on Karl Urban

My mind wandered (as it does most days).  Today it chose to see what the hunk, Karl Urban has been up too. (oh how I wish they'd move faster at another Star Trek movie!)

What I found is that he is a very busy actor!  One movie, filming jumped out at me on IMdb. 

The movie titled Red.  

Release date: 22 October 2010 (USA)

Plot: When his idyllic life is threatened by a high-tech assassin, former black-ops agent Frank Moses reassembles his old team in a last ditch effort to survive.

As my eyes scrolled down ...my jaw dropped open!

...just look at this cast!!!

   Bruce Willis     Ernest Borgnine     Morgan Freeman 

 Karl Urban     Mary-Louise Parker      Helen Mirren


 John Malkovich      Brian Cox       Richard Dreyfuss

 

Oh yeah! my hunk is playing with some of the "big boys"!!!! 

I am so happy for him I can't express it !!!! 

The thought of jumping up and down and doing a back flip came to mind.. but then so did "hospital visit", so I remained in my computer chair with a huge grin on my face!

You can count on the fact that I will be waiting on this movie to be released!!  I might even have to be first in line ! (that's something I haven't done since the original star trek movies!)

I find myself grinning like a Cheshire cat and doing that dance that looks like you are stirring a pot... "go Karl!  go Karl! go Karl!" oh yeah! Happy dance time!

Now.. if I could just get him to do a convention!

13 Comments:

Blogger Janet said...

I'm glad I clicked over here from Carl's today...what a happy surprise to see Karl Urban's smiling face! I loved him best as Eomer :-)

12:44 PM  
Blogger Kailana said...

Oh, yay, that is an AWESOME cast!

2:52 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Janet : oh yeah he was pretty darn crush worthy as a blonde lol

Kelly: many that are up in age ..he's got to feel good about making a movie with so many "names"!

3:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I was going to tell you about Red today, and you beat me to it. Karl has also filmed a movie called Priest where he plays a vampire. Could be interesting. He could bite me on the neck! It is my understanding that he plays a CIA assasin in Red. Remind you of The Bourne Ultimatum? And believe it or not, checked out Chronicles of Riddick and watched it last night. He looked good but he should have been in it more IMHO. Had a funky hairdo and wore a lot of armor. Vala

3:59 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Sher: oh wow! we must have both been needing an Urban "fix" lol lol. yeah I knew he was funky in Riddick but it shows he can play good and bad rolls. ummm get in line for the neck bite! hahahahahahahahahaha

4:03 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

Wow, that's an impressive line up! Have they started on the new Trek movie yet?

6:19 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Cath: heck no! they don't even have a script yet 1212 is when they expect one out..i'll be too old to get to the movies!

6:22 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Wow! What a cast! You're right...he is in the big leagues! Sounds like a cool movie. I do hope that he does an autograph show somewhere near you :) Wouldn't that be awesome!

3:03 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

chris: awesome is too small a word for if he would do a show lol.. I'd have to invent a new word lol

5:39 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Hi Pat, the movie sounds amazing...what a cast :D I remember those lines too and they were soooo worth it...lol
Oh. BTW, I got the camera yesterday! They only had the twenty model instead of the ten but they're just about the same :D Now I have to figure out how to use it...lol
Thanks again for your help

5:42 AM  
OpenID josbookshelf said...

Oooh, good to know! I love Karl Urban as well. I'll be on the lookout for Red too; only it'll probably be released, in my side of the world, a few months later than the October release date in the States. So, I'll be reading your movie review first. :)

9:35 AM  
Blogger Rhinoa said...

I'm am assive Karl Urban fan and it's good to find some more over here :) Thanks for putting up a lovely picture and making me smile.

7:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

His smile lights his face up like a Christmas tree. I'm Jewish, but I know what I'm talking about.

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home