My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

A Chilly Day at the Pond

 Temps are going up and down and up and down around here.. some days I see quite a few of the "regular birds" and other days hardly any at all...

George and Gracie are still here (the Moorhens)

Ibis are lilke chiggers... you can't get rid of them if you tried..

I spotted "Dead Eye" (he's m'boy!)... kinda Regal isn't he?!

...he was deeper into the water than usual... and seemed to be studying the water intently, I thought he was watching for the tiny fish...

...then I found out  it was bath day!

 

 

I'd have offered him some soap but I figured he might try to eat it!

*hiccup*bubble*hiccup*bubble*

Later in the day I found the Anhinga drying off on the top of a tree..

 

Well I guess that's more then enough from the Pond for today....

 

9 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

I agree...he is kind of regal. :)

9:27 AM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

I just love all these Birds, Pat...and as always, your pictures are stunning! I think the Ibis are very Regal, too....!
Love the "BATH"....it's just so sweet to see all these birds being who they are.

2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enough of this cold already! It has not gotten above 50 here today and is supposed to get down into the 20's tonight. This is Florida for heaven's sake....we don't do cold. Even the birds have deserted the birdbath and are in hiding. Did hear the sandhill cranes leaving the last few days heading north again. Are they in for a big surprize. Sent you an e-mail earlier. Sher

3:54 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

debi: I wish I could get him to eat something that I could give him .. :o(

Hi Naomi! kinda hard to call him a "dirty bird" when he bathes right in front of me lol

Sher: funny but I haven't even seen a sandhill crane down here!.. oh yeah they are getting a bunch of snow up north again.. but then it is still February!

4:07 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

I love that he'd rather take a bath than eat..wish I could say the same!

4:34 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

Nice to see some of your regulars back again, Pat. But what about the gator - is he still there?

6:08 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

kathleen: LOL me too!

Cath: the gator disappeared some time ago so don't know what happened to it..but I don't miss it!

6:56 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Pat I know this sounds really wrong, (on so many levels) but when we were in Disney one year my daughter got one of those big turkey legs...anyway to make a long story short. The Ibis loved it...lol

7:40 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

kelly: it doesn't sound "wrong" to me! LOL the Ibis are pigs with feathers! they seem to never get enough of ANY food! lol I think they give competition to the black buzzards around here! hahaha

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home