My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Farmers Market & Crafts

My girlfriend came and picked me up early Saturday morning to take me to the Farmers Market.  This one is in Fort Pierce and is a combination Farmers Market and Crafts and it's set up every Saturday.

Below are some photo's of my day...

(lots of fresh veggies..of course!)

Among the crafts an artist sat painting while browsers checked out the finished products.

This craft below amazed me... they are all made of wood and all carved with a chain saw!

The show is next to the Indian River which divided the Mainland from Hutchinson Island.. they had a nice wide wall by the water that you could sit on and look over the water.  Green caught my eye and I looked down to see the rocks below..

...and look what was patiently sitting out in the water wondering if any food was going to be tossed his way...

They also  had a live jazz band!  They were quite good. I haven't heard the nice melodic sounds of a saxophone in ... forever!

After we mulled around the Farmers Market we decided to hit some thrift shops... and we both wound up getting books! (big surprise huh?)

The books below are: Little Lord Fauntleroy by Francis Hodgson Burnett, Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett, The Ragman's Son by Kirk Douglas  and Rose Cottage by Mary Stewart.

The Ragman's Son is turning brown and not in great shape but hey.. .50 cents folks.. and it's very readable yet!.  This whole pile cost me One dollar and sixty-two cents.  And of course, once again, my tbr pile grows instead of declining! 

Since we don't do thrift stores every week I will put myself on the book ban again.. Thankfully, since I will now only buy books from series I am already in to there aren't many coming out..

The House on Durrow Street: by Galen Beckett (sept 28 release)

Secret of the Dragon: by Weis and Hickman (march 16 release)

Fablehaven: Keys to the Demon Prison: by Brandon Mull (don't know date)

The Magic Thief: Found : by Sarah Prineas (May 25th release)

God of the Hive: by Laurie R King (april 27 release)

The Necromancer: by Michael Scott (May 25th release)

The Fiend and the Forge: by H. Neff (March 23 release)

There are a few other books to series but no titles or release dates yet, One would be the next Stephen R Donaldson book

So...that's not bad having 8 (and most likely no more than 10) books coming out lets see if I can actually get my tbr pile down under 100 books! (y'all can stop laughing any time now!)

9 Comments:

Blogger Astaryth said...

Looks like an enjoyable day. I know you aren't happy about being in Florida, but it does seem that you are getting out a bit more since you are here. That makes me happy! I wish you lived just a little closer, I would come and kidnap you for some fun myself :)

1:29 PM  
Blogger madcobug said...

Glad that you had a chance to get out. It was probably a beautiful day down there. It was here yesterday and today but rain is moving in tonight and tomorrow. WOW! you still have a lot of books to read. You would have enough to last a while even if you didn't get any more soon. Helen

6:18 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

That farmers' and craft market is just my kind of thing too, Pat. And to go to one in the US would be my idea of perfect. Lovely photos! Good book haul too, I know you'll enjoy the Kirk Douglas one and a lot of people seem to have enjoyed the Ken Follett.

6:55 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

JJ: well anything would be more than I was up north since my brother could not be left alone.. I went 5 yrs with only going out once or twice a year to the autograph shows because David was home to take care of him.

Helen: oh LOL fersure Helen hahahaha I have enough books I could read all year and never need to buy a book!!!

Cath: Ohhhhh I wish you were with me !!! I love yard sales and flea markets too but hard for me to get to them.. Maybe my girlfriend will take me to the Stuart Flea Market before it gets too hot here again.. plus my son will be getting a table at the one I went to in about 2 weeks to sell vases and such that he paints on.. I'll email you some pics of what he's doing to try to sell some..

7:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you were out and about. Saturday was a lovely day up here as well, but all I did was yardwork. But you will be happy that the cold is returning by the weekend. I hate this. It is always easier for me in the summer. I am just a warm weathered girl. And you still might acclimate. It took me four years down here before I decided the winters had become colder. LOL.
I read the Folliet book and enjoyed it a lot. It is unlike most of his others that are spy or thriller books. It is a longer read as well. And after quite some time he has written a sequel to it called World Without End. Am currently reading a book called the TWo Minute Rule by Robert Crais. He is one of the few authors I look for whenever he has something new. He usually writes about a private detective named Elvis Cole or his partner Joe Pike. Somehow his books hooked me. Recently finished Summer of Night by Dan Simmons, and Survival of the Fittest by Jonathan Kellerman. Liked both of them. I recently purchased the Catcher in the Rye and want to reread that since I read it so long ago that I don't rmember much about it.
The Farmer's Market looked nice. There is one not too far from me but it is on Saturday mornings and I am usually doing something else by the time I remember it. Have to get there one day.
Liked the artist painting the sunset. Vala3

4:07 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Sounds like you had a great day! And don't you just love thrift stores and all the great book bargains!

7:42 PM  
Blogger MilkyWayfarer said...

I'm SO glad u had such a great day! I 2 love farmer's markets, especially when they have crafters 2. I'm writing about a rather sad subject tho. Walter Koenig's son, Andrew Koenig, has gone missing in Vancouver, Canada, as 2/14/2010. I'm including a link 2 an article that includes more info. If u would be so kind as to post this, & forward it 2 anyone in the Vancouver area if u know any. Andrew was suffering from depression; he did not board his scheduled flight back 2 US on 2/16; last seen on 2/16. ARTICLE LINK: http://www.walterkoenigsite.com

8:50 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

hey Sher: glad to hear Dan Simmons is consistant in his writing good books! the outing was nice the crafts could have been better.. too many "jewelry" and not enough other stuff lol

Kathleen I love thrift stores!! lol it's almost like going to yard sales!

milkywayfarer: omg! I didn't know about Walters son!!! Good looking guy .. not a good sign that he is gone this long without hearing anything.. I sure hope someone finds him and he's ok.. Walter doesn't need that sort of sadness in his life...no one does.

6:38 AM  
OpenID josbookshelf said...

Oh goodness! I saw Little Lord Fauntleroy in your pile! This is one book I must have.

I saw this on TV many years ago and I was so charmed by it; but I have never read the book.

Thanks for reminding me. :)

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home