My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, February 09, 2010

I am NOT a Happy Camper!

Sunday I wanted to watch the superbowl.. and indeed I did watch ONE hour of it before I turned it off.  It wasn't the teams I didn't want to see, and it wasn't the scores I didn't want to see...rather it was the LACK OF not seeing what I wanted to see, which was the GAME!  I am not a happy camper!

My one hour went thusly:  5 minutes of football,... 10 minutes of commercials... 5 minutes of football... 10 minutes of commercials.. 5 minutes of football... well you get the idea!  And what was the crowning glory of it all you ask?  It was each time they came back to the game and then TOLD ME WHAT HAPPENED WHILE I WAS GONE!  Hello?  This is TELEVISION folks!  If I wanted to HEAR what happened I'd have turned on the radio!!

Don't get me wrong.. I understand the commercials for this particular game is mega-big-time... and they are funny...but when did it become more about the commercials and less about the game????  I will not watch another superbowl game!  ...but I am glad to READ this morning that the Saints won!... but I am still not a happy camper.

(at least these people got to see it without commercials!)

**********************************************

Ah.. did I mention that I got up at 4:30 am yesterday to see the night launch of the shuttle? ah.. no? well.. I got up ...it was scrubbed.  and I couldn't get back to sleep... I am not a happy camper.

Did I mention I slept past 4:30 until 5 am this morning?  And did I mention the launch went off "on schedule"?  

I am not a happy camper!! AAARRGGHHH! 

And to add insult to injury there are only 4 more launches for the Shuttle before that program shuts down..

Want more?... the President is going to take the money away from the Moon shot!!!!......... nope.. I am not a happy camper.

 American astronauts will not return to the moon as planned if Congress passes President Obama's proposed budget.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Jenny said...

Aw, sorry you were frustrated by the commercials - I read this year had more commercials than ever before, I think - but I sort of needed them to calm myself down between plays. Otherwise I would have had a nervous breakdown in the first half. :P

9:08 AM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

I almost never watch ANY Football...But I decided to watch some of The Super Bowl....I kept going away from it because THERE WERE TOO MANY COMMERCIALS!!!!
So....I understand your frustration Pat.....I DID see the guy make that 73 yard run...And said out loud.."Well, this game is over...!" It seems to me there are more Commercials on everything these days....And they are SOOOO LOUD!!!! Louder than the programs....HELP!

1:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about your unhappy campsite. I only got to see the second half of the Super Bowl because a neighbor invited us over for homemade gumbo. Was that ever good and hit the spot on a cold day. But I enjoy some commercials though like you this year there were too many. Sorry you missed out on the launch. The nightime one that I saw one time was beautiful. Vala3

2:43 PM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

I've never watched a game but I would have probably liked the more commercials/ less game time lol. I wish I would have lived back when going to the moon was such a huge thing. Sad that most people don't really care anymore :(

4:21 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

Love that last picture, Pat. Stunning.

6:27 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Jenny/ Naomi / Sher: I love the commercials they make for that game BUT..when it came to them telling us what we missed because of the commercials I knew It was more then necessary..I did want to SEE the game! sheesh..

Ohhhh Tink! I can't begin to tell you the feelings I had watching those early blast off and splash downs of Gemini, Mercury and Apollo!..so much emotion inside!! It amazes me that the government just doesn't "get it".. ok it was a race to the moon but it was soooooo much more! Earth (in case no one is counting the earthquakes) is an unstable planet... a day will come (long after we are gone) that to keep the human species going we may have to colonize another planet!! It hurts so much each time the government takes away from the space program.

hi Cath..yeah so amazing!!!

6:35 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

whoaaaaaaaaaa!
I love it when you get unhappy camper!

10:25 PM  
Blogger Carl V. said...

There were definitely too many commercials, but the game was still fantastic, especially in the second half. We've had several great Superbowl games in a row and I'm crossing my fingers that the streak doesn't end.

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home