My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

....Of Lap Blankets and Movies

One of the reasons my reading has slowed up so much is that I haven't stopped crocheting yet... this is another one of those "finish up extra yarn" things.. it's not all that big and has a very curly edge.. so I call it a lap blanket..

...here it is draped over a small chair in the cowboy corner.

I discovered that the "curly edging" makes it near impossible to fold! argh!

it's not very big.. but then again that's why it's called a "lap blanket".

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

. hmmmm, there's a warm white body on the blanket!   I guess I should have put it away huh?! ....

 

And this is what I was doing when I should have been putting the blanket away...

 I saw a movie on TV  called Doom...
Cutie Pie was in it. (Karl Urban) But, the movie was actually more a vehicle for "the Rock".


Plot Summary for  Doom (2005)
Based on the popular video game. In the not too distant future, humans have successfully colonized the planet Mars. Here scientists were experimenting on naturally occurring substances and using the colonizing humans as guinea pigs. The experiment went horribly wrong. Now, a group of marines and a scientist named Samantha Grimm are going to find out what happened. They teleport to Mars via a system known as the "Arch". What they find are gruesome monsters hell bent on death and destruction. Samantha's brother John is also one of the marines sent to Mars to help.

I had never heard of the movie before but while scrolling through the "guide" on the TV I spotted Urban's name and decided to check it out.

It was too dark for my taste.. I guess they were saving electricity when they made the movie...

But.. cute is cute no matter what!!

8 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

I liked DOOM. But then I liked the video game it was based on too.

Your blankets are so gorgeous! I couldn't crochet something like that in a million years, I'm sure. At least Boo Boo Kitty appreciates your hard work! :D

12:20 PM  
Blogger Kailana said...

Nice blanket. :)

12:49 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

hi Carrie! good to see you.. i never heard of the game lol it's just that Urban is too cute to be hidden in the dark all the time lol

hey Kelly... danke :o)

2:43 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Beautiful blanket :D
Lovely Urban...lol

5:08 PM  
Blogger madcobug said...

lOve the colors on that blanket Pat.
It looks like someone else does also. Helen

6:59 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

kelly: LOL yup "lovely Urban!" lol

Helen: oh yeah, I never should have left the blanket there LOL..

7:03 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

Laps come in various sizes -- I need to slim mine down so I can figure out how to steal that from you and use it.

oh.. yeah. cute is cute.

9:12 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

I love the blanket, Pat! And nice to see you're still having fun with Mr. Urban. ;-)

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home