My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Return of the Heron & the Olympics!

 The big Heron came by and actually stayed until the sun was up and I could take a few shots!.. oh forbid he should move around for a variety of photo's though!

 

He stays in one position so long he could be bronzed!

 

In other "news"...

 

   

The Olympics are about to begin!!!  I am such a lover of the Olympics! And I love both Winter and Summer!  In Winter my favorite is to watch the figure skating and short track racing. (Apollo is too cute!.. and a mighty fine dancer! woohoo!)  But I watch as much of it as I can no matter what it is!  As far as I'm concerned they could have the Olympics every year and I would still love it!

I wonder... how many out there remember when The Summer and Winter Olympics were both done in the same year?  Yes it was!  In the correct "season" of course but both in the same year!!  I do think this way is better though because you no  longer have to wait FOUR  years for more Olympics.. two is more then enough to wait for it.

   "Bring it on!"

7 Comments:

Blogger Astaryth said...

I watch very little of the Olympics (although I enjoy a couple of sports), and remember hating it every 4 years when I was a kid.... I didn't know which was worse for interrupting my TV shows, the Olympics or a Presidential Election. BUT, that was back in the days of only getting maybe 3 channels cause you used an antenna. These days there is always a choice of something else to watch, even if it means sticking a DVD in the player. How far we have come! LOL!

9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you on loving the Olympics. Even though I have never participated in winter sports, enjoy the skating, the ski jumping, the downhill, the bobsled and most of the rest. My friends are even staying at home tomorrow night to watch the opening ceremonies. I still prefer the sports. There are usually some nice surprizes. Vala3

3:45 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

They *did* used to be the same year didn't they? Peter and I were talking about it and weren't sure if we were right or why they had changed it. I don't always watch all of the winter Olympics but plan to watch a fair bit this time.

6:40 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

I just put the BBC's winter olympics trailer up on my LJ, Pat. Go take a look, it's pretty cool.

6:50 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

Indeed I do.

Karmyn (my daughter) is driving up for a few of the events. I don't know if I could handle the stress. Crowds just overwhelm me, unless its birds.

I noticed the local heron population activity around last years rookery.
well.. activity if you call "posing" an activity. Ha. They sure can sit still... yes?

10:24 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

What a GREAT Beuty he is! So statley and dignified....I LOVE HIM!

Ahhhh yes, The Olympics! I am more of a Summer Olympic person, though I do LOVE all the Skating in the ring....It is always so beautiful and exciting!

12:47 AM  
Blogger Carl V. said...

I'm hoping to catch some of the action over the next few weeks. Glad it is a little closer to our neck of the woods this year as hopefully there will be less taped delayed material.

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home