My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, February 03, 2010

A Surprise Package in the Mail

Oh my!  I received a surprise package from Cath (my sis) across the pond, in England!! Thank you, thank you, thank you Cath!!!!

No sooner had I opened the package and grabbed my handy-dandy camera to take a photo , than I found the BooBoo Kitty checking out the new books!

 Irish Ghosts and Haunting's by Michael Scott: yes, the same Michael Scott who is writing the Nicholas Flamel series of YA books!

Product Description

What is it about Ireland’s past that so haunts the imagination? More than one answer can be found in Michael Scotts’s powerful new collection of 29 tales. To start with, in a newly Christianized Ireland, monks do battle with a devilish monster that has killed a river. All the water in this collection, from rivers to lakes, conceal dangers that men and women would best avoid. Ready to tempt Ireland’s new conquerors — humankind— supernatural forces hide beneath waves, in bogs, in the very land, waiting. With his usual inventiveness, Michael Scott juxtaposes the old and the new, the ancient and modern, showing that in everyday situations, the curses of Ireland’s mythic past lie imp–like, threatening destruction.

...and Oscar Wilde and the Candlelight Murders  by Gyles Brandreth.  About all I know of this one is it's a murder mystery and Cath raved about it!  It's also an Import if one wants it.

When I went to take a second photo in case the first did not come out.. there was Boo again still looking at the books!

BooBoy always hides when I get the camera out so I wonder what was so fascinating to him to stay around the books while I took pictures?! Maybe Cath was cooking something good when she packaged them and the smell is on the books! One the other hand, if he thinks I am going to read them out loud to him he's crazy!

Thanks again and again sis!!

7 Comments:

OpenID libritouches said...

Maybe Boo just likes foreign books? ^-~ I love the angle of the second photo. It really conveys a sense of interaction between Boo and the character on the Scott-book. ^-^

6:26 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

Well, I surely hope that Boo enjoys his new books, Pat. Heehee. Weird how he seems attracted though... they must have my 'smell' on them. Or maybe I was baking scones at the time. ;-)

The Oscar Wilde book is fun... nothing amazing or fantastic but fun... I really enjoyed it. Hope your eyes will cope with the size of the text.

And it really is my pleasure.

(Just sent you an e.mail)

6:39 AM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

I may have to check out Irish Ghosts and Hauntings if you like it! Love books like that. My cat checks out every new package that comes in the house too :)

1:27 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

shanra: he checked them both out thats for sure! lol

Cath: oh crude I forgot to mention that the print size looks fine in both of them..

Hey Tink: ummm I may save that for RIP challenge. Cath mentioned that and it sounded like a good idea.

1:40 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

I think the cat was intrigued by those claws on the cover of irish ghosts

8:03 PM  
Blogger Kailana said...

Enjoy your new books!

1:43 AM  
Blogger Memory said...

Bookish surprises are the best kind! I like the look of that Oscar Wilde mystery; such pretty colours!

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home